PDA

View Full Version : Hand buffing small spheres

Vanessa
21-10-2014, 09:57 PM
How? I'm very frustrated! Ha ha the little buggers keep flying off in my hand and I can't buff in one direction and it's upsetting me sigh :( one is a sphere one is a flying saucer shape. Neither is proving easy to buff...

Will try to attach photos but tapatalk is playing up again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nick martin
22-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Hi Vanessa,

Would it not be easier to polish the spheres once there soldered in place on your design?

I recently made a ring that has spheres along the edge and they were polished once soldered on.

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CJ57
22-10-2014, 10:47 AM
The other method that lapidarists use to grind and polish stones is a stick of wood about the thickness of a pencil and sealing wax to hold the stone or sphere in place on the end. I realise that you'll only get half done at a time but it holds it securely

Vanessa
23-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Hi Nick it would but these spheres are not for my design they are for the techniques part of the module where we've been tasked with making spheres as mentioned, a square, a round tube, an eclipse tube, a cone and a ring. We start making the insect from tomorrow mine is very abstract and based on a singing insect.

Hi Caroline that sounds like a good idea... I'll get some sealing wax in the morning :)

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk