PDA

View Full Version : Help - Knew Concept Saw

Reenie1978
15-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help! I was given a Knew Concepts saw (with the spring lock) by my work colleagues as a leaving present and was all ready to get down to work with it but I keep breaking blades as I turn the top swivel lock (literally the middle section pings out and I am left with two short bits in the clamps. Have killed 4 blades already without even cutting anything. What am I doing wrong? Managed to fit a blade the first time round (albeit a month ago and a 2/0 blade instead do a 4) but cannot seem to find the instructions.

Did I get a dud or am I just fitting the blade wrong?

Thank you in advance!!

Karen

Ada
15-10-2014, 10:49 AM
How frustrating! I don't have any experience of this, but their website has a link to a video on this:

http://knewconcepts.com/questions.php

Goldsmith
15-10-2014, 01:03 PM
If you have the type of saw with the top swivel clamp lock then you do not have to tighten the blade so much with the screw blade tightener. If the blade is breaking in the middle then you are tightening it too much, this will happen easily if you are using thinner blades like a 4/0. As Ada said the Knew Concepts website answers most of these questions and explains their saw fittings.

James

Reenie1978
17-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Thank you both!! I watched the video and managed to successfully fit the blade properly and get some sawing practice in!

Thanks again!

K