PDA

View Full Version : torch from abroad with calor bottle

aysegul
12-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I moved from Turkey to England last month and brought my torch that is made in turkey. Here I bought a calor propane bottle with a low pressure regulator. But there is nearly no flame coming out of the nozzle. On the box of the nozzle was written "3 bar". So I wonder if there is a way to adapt the torch or am I doing something wrong or do I have to buy a new torch?
Thanks for your advice
Aysegul

mizgeorge
12-10-2014, 08:54 PM
At a guess, you need a 0-4 bar regulator, which I think is generally referred to as high pressure. Switch the bottle on to fully open, and set the regulator to around 2 bar then light the torch and adjust as necessary.

aysegul
12-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Mine is a regulator with "nom. Outlet press 37 mbar and max. Inlet press. 16 bar" written on it. But I can't make any adjustment on it as you said. So if I understand you correctly it isn't the same as a 0-4 bar regulator and there are adjustable regulators?

mizgeorge
12-10-2014, 11:09 PM
The one you have is definitely low pressure, and won't do the job for a torch.

You need something like this: http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/Blow_Torch_0.5-4_Bar_Propane_Gas_Regulator.html

There are many different styles available, and at all sorts of prices as well, but this seller is very reliable. I actually prefer their other type, but it seems to be out of stock at the moment.

aysegul
13-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Today I bought the new regulator and finally my torch is working! I'm so happy being able to begin to work. Thank you so much for your advice!
BEST REGARDS
Ayşegül