PDA

View Full Version : Lesson

Jon
24-09-2014, 05:19 PM
After a lot of searching for what area of jewellery making I want to start in I came across this image of a ring in a magazine I bought today. Is there any tutorials I can buy and steam online that will go into depth on how to create rings like this. There was a tutorial on how it was made but I want a tutorial that will cover the tools and more of the techniques that are used.
Thanks in advance.

Dennis
24-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Dear Jon,

Stones like that are not readily available, if they even are stones. The rest is easy enough when you have had a few dozen projects under your belt.

So why make something problematic , when you can more easily make a simple ring within your capacity. I suggest you get yourself a beginners' book with plenty of basic projects and a full description of the tools required for each.

Once you have completed a few pieces successfully, you will be bursting with ideas of what to make next.

Welcome to the forum Dennis.

Jon
24-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the advice Dennis. Yeah in the tutorial they had to cut and polish the stones from a block. I shall look for a good book for beginners.
Cheers :)