PDA

View Full Version : Leather Wrap Bracelets.

Lucie
23-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Hi. Just wondering whether anyone could advise.

I usually buy all of the chains & bracelets for the charms & pendants I make, but recently, a lot of customers have been asking if I can get hold of plaited leather wrap bracelets. I've searched everywhere I can think of.

I can find plenty on Not on the High Street, but I'm a bit iffy about not buying from a "supplier" - I usually use Curteis & love their iron clad guarantee.

Can anyone recommend a reputable maker, or point me in the right direction so I can make them myself (so they won't fall apart).

Thank you :)

Should probably add, that in no way am I trying to pass off these bracelets as being made by me. My customers know that I don't make them & I give full credit to the supplier. They just like having the charm & bracelet to arrive in a pretty box together, so they don't have to go to the effort of sourcing it themselves.

ps_bond
23-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Is that flat braided or braided in the round? If flat, then I'd suggest learning the Mystery Braid; if it's in the round, there's several good books around particularly on Australian braided leatherwork.

Lucie
23-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks Peter. It's round braided I'm after, so that gives me a good place to start looking.
I bought one a few days ago from a big supplier & was really unhappy with the quality of the silver clasp - I think it would have squished if you looked at it too hard!
I like to buy the chains if possible as it leaves me to concentrate on my wax, but in this case, I think I'll have to make an exception.

mizgeorge
23-09-2014, 09:56 AM
I make loads of these Lucie - are you looking at charm bracelet (ie 3mm) width or the chunkier 6mm? Single or multiple wrap?

If you want to give me a shout, I'm happy to quote some prices, or can also provided the components to make up your own. All sterling, heavyweight endcaps and a choice of clasps.

And here endeth the sales pitch...

Lucie
23-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Thank you :) Thank you :)

I'm looking for a mix of all to be honest - I just need one off's for sample photos to begin with.
Still battling with my website with my SEO taking up an inordinate amount of time (Google officially hates me at the mo as I forgot to add 1,800 alt tags :(|
Quotes would be fab. Have you got pics?

pearlescence
23-09-2014, 07:38 PM
I've just stocked up in Hong Kong with silver and vermeil end caps with lobster clasps if they're any use?

Lucie
24-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Thank you :) I'll see what George comes up with :)
Out of interest; are the end caps & clasps sterling?

mizgeorge
24-09-2014, 11:15 AM
They are Lucie - I make all my own endcaps etc, as well as all the clasps apart from lobsters. I'll get some pictures done for you asap!

Lucie
24-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Lovely :) Will you pop the pics on here or do you need contact details?

mizgeorge
24-09-2014, 12:38 PM
I'll pm them through to you Lucie :)

Lucie
24-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Thank you :)

Lucie
30-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi George,
Just wondering whether you had got around to sorting out a few pics? I've got a customer whose just placed an order for a 20" leather chain & a bracelet :) xx