PDA

View Full Version : I might not be about for a bit!

Charlotte
29-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Hello everyone, sorry about my lack of appearance on the forum this week, especially with all the new people arriving! I've been having really bad back problems, unfortunately it hasn't gone away and I'm going to have to stay at my parents in Devon until I can see my old spinal surgeon (had a metal rod put in my back two years ago because I had a crazy wiggly spine;)). Am expecting I will need another operation but that could be a while off. I'm just hoping to stay mobile enough to drag my arse down the aisle on the 26th of September.

So apologies for the disappearance and hope you are all well, my parents have the internet but its not too comfortable to sit at the moment so I'll make a brief appearance every now and then. Unless I make a miraculous recovery next week:worthy:lol.:~:

Di Sandland
29-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh, Charlotte, my heart goes out to you. I get back ache but nothing like you're describing. I send lots of warm, healing wishes.

[]

lorraineflee
29-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Get well soon - and that's an order!!
Seriously - hope you are feeling better really soon!
Lorraine

mizgeorge
29-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh you poor thing Charlotte :(

Crossing fingers and holding thumbs for the wedding. I hope you manage to get some relief from the pain asap and the surgeons can do something for you.

What rotten timing :N:

The Bijou Dragon
29-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh Charlotte, I really do feel for you hun!

Crikey, no need to apologize just go and see if you can get yourself mended and concentrate on your wedding!!

[][][]

Come back soon though!!

bustagasket
29-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Huge hugs to you Charlotte, i can so relate to your pain, so you concentrate on being able to get down that aisle with the least amount of discomfort. We will still be here and will look forward to those odd times that you are able to pop on. Hope the surgeon quickly sees what the problem is and can resolve it without it interfereing with anything. Much love to you hun [[]]

Charlotte
29-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Awww! Thanks everyone![[]] I really appreciate it. Just trying to keep positive at the moment, might see if I can get some decent drugs for the wedding day and float through it happily;) Other than that I hope the doctors don't keep me hanging on the old 'wait and see' trick, I'm a big fan of the NHS, they've not let me down yet;)

Have I missed anything while I've been away?

bustagasket
29-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Have I missed anything while I've been away?

Erm well i havent grown any taller, but and getting slimmer :D, erm i got my Rob Johnson beads through and got a new toy - doming block and punches, havent done any jewellery this week cos i had an order to decorate 20 candles, so just finished the first 10, but thumb is burnt now so next 10 will have to wait til tomorrow, its only the heating bit left to do on them and then they can be hardened and cellophaned next week. Do i have anything else to telll you? erm i got a huge spot on my chin lol, but i think thats about all my news so i will hand you over to the others :D

Atelier Ava
29-08-2009, 04:09 PM
[] but just a gentle one. Sooo sorry to hear about your back problems, any pain is just awful and so near your wedding. I will think good thoughts for you on the 26th, nothing like a bit of healing telepathy. :getwell:
I have been away too, my first time to the south of France, whoa what an experience. I lost a kilo because the food was so expensive:-O
Paula

Lindyloo
29-08-2009, 08:42 PM
So sorry to hear about your back Charlotte. I can really recommend valium though. Should get you floating through your wedding! I am all for drugs when necessary. And this is definitely one of those times. :X

MuranoSilver
29-08-2009, 09:03 PM
:getwell: Aww hope you're feeling better soon

The Dragon
29-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll be sending you lots of love from this part of the world as well. You just concentrate on getting yourself well enough for your wedding. We'll all be here with the 'gossip' when you get back.

:getwell:

ben b
29-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Solunar Silver Studio
30-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Owww - poor Charlotte. I'm sure everyone on the forum wishes you well and a speedy recovery:flowers::getwell::flowers:
You are in the best place in the world now though...Don't you know Mothers are miracle workers! If she can't get you performing flick flacks by the 26th then no-one can!! xx[]xx

kymbi
30-08-2009, 06:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your back's giving you gip again Charlotte, especially when you've got a great day ahead of you. I hope staying with your parents helps you relax and feel a bit more comfortable and you can get to see your surgeon PDQ.

Gentle hugs floating your way x

caroleallen
30-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Wishing you all the best for the wedding. Strange how adrenaline works wonders at times like that.

Petal
30-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Charlotte :~:

Lots of get well wishes winging your way and big 'soft' hugs from me :getwell: pain is a really debilitating thing and you just need to rest, but keep moving. I know your pain is much more severe than I had but have you tried a bit of acupuncture to relieve the pain? I had terrible wrists about a year ago and couldn't make any jewellery or weave any baskets, or do many household tasks but my wrists are much better, partly due to a bit of 'pinning'!

All the very best and we all look forward to hearing from you when your'e lots better and all about your BIG DAY!

:X[[]]
Lotsaluv

Jules x

Charlotte
30-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow, thanks everyone, I wasn't expecting such a big response. I was a bit embarrassed to start a thread, but was just a bit worried you might think I'd abandoned ship!

Erm well i havent grown any taller, but and getting slimmer :D, erm i got my Rob Johnson beads through and got a new toy - doming block and punches, havent done any jewellery this week cos i had an order to decorate 20 candles, so just finished the first 10, but thumb is burnt now so next 10 will have to wait til tomorrow, its only the heating bit left to do on them and then they can be hardened and cellophaned next week. Do i have anything else to telll you? erm i got a huge spot on my chin lol, but i think thats about all my news so i will hand you over to the others :D
Well done on the slimming! I was doing really well, I'll have to be careful about what I eat now so I don't end up a fat bride! Sorry to hear about the spot... I was always under the impression that spots would stop over the age of 18#-o

I'd love to have a go at candle making, have you got any photos?

Lidyloo - Do you reckon it would work if I asked the doc for some valium for my big day? Lol, I imagine he'd think I was a druggy, but I'll give it a go!

Petal - I used to go for acupuncture before my op, but I'm not sure it would work now as I have a lot of metal work in my back which is the cause of the pain... its a bit of a long story but my surgery went on way too long and the surgeon had to finish up before he was 100% happy. He said that if I ever got
lower back pain then I would probably need another little op just to 'finish off', which is why before I've even seen a doctor I'm pretty sure it'll be a while before I'm sorted. But also why I'm not overly concerned... I don't mind pain if I know it can be sorted out... even if I have to go back to that horrible hospital with its horrible nurses;)

Looking forward to going back to Devon, haven't seen my family since June! Its just a shame I won't be able to go on some lovely Devonshire walks!

bustagasket
30-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I'd love to have a go at candle making, have you got any photos?

I dont actually make the candles i decorate them. These are for a bike club as a momemto from the event they are attending so their club logo goes on the front and the event goes on the back

The other ones i do are just decorative or tailored to anything really, birthdays weddings, xmas etc etc

AlexandraBuckle
31-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I've been away from the forum for a couple of days, so appologies for the really late 'Get Well Soon!!!'

So sorry to hear about your back playing up! (sorry, huge understatement there!)
I am keeping everything crossed for you for the 26th!

Have a lovely time being pampered at home in Devon.

:getwell:

agent_44
01-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Charlotte how awful - sending you get well wishes and hugs - [[]] I hope it's not too serious and you're feeling better soon.

ps_bond
01-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Scoliosis is a sod - you have my sympathies. Take care of it, and *try* not to overdo things...!

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Wishing you as little pain as possible, a hope they can sort you out quickly and joy on your wedding day.
[[]]
Em