PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Forum novice and jewellery novice!

GalleryValentine
29-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm new to forums and blogging, but this one seems very helpful and having already browsed through a few of the members weblinked sites I'm very impressed and wowed at the amazing jewellery that is being made out there!! I'm new to jewellery making but have been designing and making things since i was a wee girl, this is a new experimental platform and I love it!! Especially the PMC, it's fantastic stuff! Am hoping to learn and share loads through joining this community forum, so that's me basically! Hello!:~:

mizgeorge
29-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi GV,
Let me be the first to give you a warm welcome to the forum :)

Di Sandland
29-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi GV and welcome to the forum.

You've found a good place with a mix of expertise and disciplines and you'll find yourself investigating areas of jewellery-making that you never before considered (or even knew existed).

Everybody is friendly and willing to help and we have a few 'tried and trusted' experted in various areas: George for chain maille for instance, Nic for PMC (and Barbara tho she'll blanche at the thought that she's expert). For stone setting there's Jason John and for the really technical questions that everybody goes 'duh' to, there's Peter.

Don't be tempted to keep up with anybody, just go at your own pace and shout when you need help.

GalleryValentine
29-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for your welcomes and advice, much appreciated!
:cheers:

bustagasket
29-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the forums GC, Di failed to mention that i am the forum pest :D :~:

Paula
29-08-2009, 12:42 PM
:~:hiya to you from another newbie here!
Everyone seems so nice here!

lorraineflee
29-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi there, welcome from me too :~:
Lorraine

GalleryValentine
29-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Right back at ya!
I can see myself spending many hours on here just browsing through the info, tips and advice, it's fascinating! Facebook is soooooo yesterday!!:cool: ;-)
It's just so nice to be amongst folk with the same interest in designing and creating beautiful things, it's already inspiring me to get on with some creative work, just wish i had more time to dedicate to it!

Dee

[[]]

Emerald
29-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi Gallery :~:

MuranoSilver
29-08-2009, 06:39 PM
:welcome:to the forum :)

Solunar Silver Studio
29-08-2009, 07:14 PM
:~: It's really nice to have you on the forum!! A big :welcome: from me!!

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 10:56 AM
welcome Valentine, we will be gentle :D
have fun
Emma

AlexandraBuckle
02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Welcome from me too :~: