PDA

View Full Version : Hope all is well wiih everyone, thought i'd say hello.

JonnyR
06-08-2014, 06:49 AM
Hi, this is a little bit weird being on a forum that isn't about cars lol. I've been repairing/making jewellery now for 35 years now(ouch) over here in lovely Pembrokeshire, wild West wales. My dad was a setter in the jewellery quarter in Brum(still does a bit, can't keep him away haha) as was his father. We moved down here when i was six and dad built up a strong business with many local Jewellers. After all the years of ordering stuff from Cookson , Johnson Matthey for us oldies, i never thought of joining this forum. There's some great reading and look forward to finding out more, cheers for now Jon.

Goldsmith
06-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Hi Jonny and welcome to the forum, I am an also an oldie who remembers Johnson Matthey, I first visited them when they had a place in Poland Street, Soho, London. Which part of lovely Pembrokeshire are you based?

James

caroleallen
06-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Hi Jonny and welcome from me.

Dennis
06-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi JonnyR and welcome to the forum. I am sending you some history by PM. Dennis.

Wallace
06-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Hi Jon,

Lovely to hear from you, hope to gain some insight into your work. Welcome :~: from me too.

JonnyR
06-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, I live near Narberth where I have a workshop and one in Carmarthen. I do take "time out" to realise how lucky I am living in this part of the world especially when going 5 mph behind a tractor to work haha. My work consists mostly of repairs but really enjoy it when I get to make pieces for customers. Dam, coffee time over ! Cheers Jon.

CJ57
06-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi Jon & welcome. Also old enough to remember Johnson Matthey, lots of their competitions when I was at ECA, then Blundells before Cookies became the place to shop

lorraineflee
06-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Hi Jon and welcome from me too!

Tabby66
06-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Hi Jonny,

My master mentions Johnson Matthey and a number of other firms....from back in the day,.....very interesting!!
Welcome ;D

Tabby

Aurarius
06-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Hi Jonny,

My master mentions Johnson Matthey
Were they anything to do with the Johnson Matthey at the centre of the bank scandal in the 1980's?

Lucie
07-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi & welcome from me too :)
Wow, my Dad's always telling me he used to get everything from Johnson Matthey!