PDA

View Full Version : email response time from Cookson.

trialuser
31-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Does anyone else receive a terrible customer service experience when they email Cookson.
I sent an email, ok, only two and a bit days ago, but without the response it has prevented me placing my order which I wanted before this weekend.
I have had this in the past - several have just gone completely unanswered.
This latest one I sent to a named.person and also to birmingham.sales.
I have now ordered the bulk of the order from someone else (who I would rather not use!) but who did respond to an email.
I don't want to telephone them, it's not convenient at the moment, they publish an email address for communication and I want to use that method.
I reckon they must share an email answering dept with durston ;)
rant over.

Aurarius
31-07-2014, 07:03 PM
I generally like to email people rather than phone as well, and I've also found that with Cooksons I have to be persistent, but I usually do get an answer after a couple of days, or after I've sent a reminder.
We don't know how many staff they've got spare of course, and responding to email inquiries generally does take a little more time than fielding phone calls. All the same it does lose businesses orders when they don't respond to emails. I've already said on here that I asked a question by email about a £300+ item they stocked and because I never got a response I took my custom elsewhere.

I'm sure Cooksons would like to improve this aspect of their service. I've found they're a pleasure to work with in other respects.

pearlescence
01-08-2014, 07:35 AM
I know this is Cookson's forum but they really do continually shoot themselves in the foot over their customer service. It seems to be consistently bad. I won't shop with them after I phoned with a simple quiery some years ago and was told that phone sales people would no go to find out the answer to my enquiry. He couldn't be bothered to find out some other way either. He lost them thousands in sales over the years.
They are not the only ones.
A sales panjoram (only way to describe this pompous idiot) also lost his bullion and findings company many thousands in business when he said to the owner of a huge jewellery company from Australia ' gold pricing too complicated for you and couldn't make the minimum order dearie' in Hong Kong at the trade show.
Their customer service seems rooted in C19 ..do they think we still need a gold licence perhaps?

ps_bond
01-08-2014, 07:44 AM
I know this is Cookson's forum but they really do continually shoot themselves in the foot over their customer service.

So tell them here (as is being done) and there's a chance it can be addressed... :)

medusa
01-08-2014, 10:35 AM
They are slow, but they do put things right in the best way possible. As a very part-timer, I have no complaints.

trialuser
01-08-2014, 05:30 PM
.......A sales panjoram (only way to describe this pompous idiot) .....

Go on then, I'll ask:)
Or does it just mean pompous idiot.
I googled it and even google didn't know.
Still haven't had a reply by the way, I've been 101% happy with the way they've sorted a few minor blips in the past over the phone.

pearlescence
02-08-2014, 07:23 AM
It does mean pompous idiot, but a pompous idiot who is in charge. (my spelling may be suspect)
If they haven't replied, even after this thread......

Rob Taylor
04-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Hi
I'm sorry you've had a problem getting an email answered.

During July we have set ourselves a target to answer all emails with 3 hours during business hours and generally we have achieved that, so it came as a bit of a surprise to read you hadn't had an answer in 3 days!

We then investigated to find out why, no emails were found from you in the usual places (inbox, filtered folders etc) and nothing in the quarantine area. Next stop IT and I found that our spam software stopped your email getting through to us as 'some content was deemed to be spam'. To make matters worse as the email was stopped at this point it is eliminated and can't be retrieved. In order to stop this happening again I've placed your email address on a white list so your emails should now come straight through. The same happened to the email you sent to my colleague.

I'm sorry that we've given you poor service as your emails haven't got through to us (as far as I can see the last email received from you was February). Please resend your email and we can see if our changes are working

rgds

Rob

trialuser
04-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Re sent it and got an automated reply within seconds so it looks like I'm no longer spam.
Had a look at the original email, can't see any spam like content, possibly as it was forwarded from the gjd?
Hopefully all be sorted soon.

Wallace
05-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Just my experience... I haven't had a problem with email responses in a while. Add a read receipt and delivery receipt if you are doubtful. On the odd occasion where I have had a blip, I have sent a Facebook request, or called directly to resolve it. No point in waiting days for a response when you need something tomorrow.

I have had no better service than from Cookson's and their team in all the suppliers I use. Supportive with product advice through to making sure a non-delivery (postal problem, indirectly therefore, not Cookson) was resolved as soon as it became apparent. No issue has been to small to solve. For an independent artist, that has been very reassuring and encouraging. Don't be put off, explain and keep the communication happening.

Dennis
05-08-2014, 01:40 PM
It does mean pompous idiot, but a pompous idiot who is in charge. (my spelling may be suspect)
If they haven't replied, even after this thread......

My OED says:

Panjandrum-a person who has, or claims to have a great deal of authority or influence.

Origin from grand panjandrum an invented phrase in a nonsence verse by Samuel Foote 1755.

trialuser
05-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Only fair that I report back.
All sorted now.
Thanks everyone on here and at Cookson.