PDA

View Full Version : Silver disc necklace - tested by an 18 month old boy

Suzedablooze
28-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I am (scarily) asking folk here what they think of my latest creation.

It is made up from several discs cut out of sterling silver metal sheet. Each is hammered to give a concave effect and an arts and crafts finish. Each disc is then attached using a jump ring to form a triangle pendent.

I then made a chain out of sterling silver wire, soldering the main links and using closed jump rings to join each link.

The funny bit was when I was showing it to my daughter and my grandson's little 18 month old hands came out of no-where and grabbed it, showing me where the weakest link was as it was dragged apart (the unsoldered end jump rings - so I soldered them and now its fine, children - the perfect quality control agents)

mizgeorge
28-08-2009, 01:02 PM
That's very pretty - almost Middle Eastern in style :)

I bet it hangs beautifully when it's on.

I bet it would look gorgeous oxidised as well!

Di Sandland
28-08-2009, 01:12 PM
ooo, that's lovely. I agree with George about oxidisation too.

Emerald
28-08-2009, 02:00 PM
This will look amazing on especially with a 'how bare do you dare' top:)

The Bijou Dragon
28-08-2009, 02:53 PM
That is lovely and I agree, very Middle Easter / Belly Dance stylee... I don't agree with the Oxidising though... me no likey the black look on shiny beautiful silver!

I adore things like that myself and I love the slave bracelets made in that same triangular style :)

Suzedablooze
28-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks, that's good to hear - I'm fairly new to this and still experimerimenting a bit, so positive feedback is a relief.

I think I'll try the oxidation (is it using liver of sulphur?).

But I do also like shiny things.

Its funny you mention it's middle eastern, as I've also done some earrings (below) which remind me of middle eastern design too (not that I'm purposely trying to copy that style): Maybe I subconciously like that sort of thing?

But back to the necklace -various friends have said if I made another of the disc triangles you could wear them as a bra (be good for belly dancing) :) - i'm hoping they are joking...

thanks again - it's much appreciated!

Suze

bustagasket
28-08-2009, 03:22 PM
very nice too

Di Sandland
28-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Love the earrings too.

Hey, that'd be some bra - wouldn't fancy it on a cold and frosty morning.

Suzedablooze
28-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh gosh yes - that'd be a bit of a shock - owww sore bits!

MuranoSilver
28-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Gorgeous!!

The Dragon
28-08-2009, 09:02 PM
They are both lovely. I think you're subconcious is very talented so go with the flow!

:Y:

Pandanimal
02-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I do love that. I prefer it sparkly silver too.

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Lovely work. Very Xena. I would consider hammering link jumprings to match main chain. Also do versions- perhaps some with a little stone on or a single gold (or gold plate) disc.
Em