PDA

View Full Version : Hot and bothered.

Dennis
22-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Today I made a pilgrimage to visit A E Ward in Clerkenwell, only to find they are now in Hatton Garden. No bad thing, as they have moved from an airless little shop with a frenetic atmosphere and dim fluorescents, to a spacious new showroom with large opening windows and plenty of daylight. What a relief.

Sadly they are not showing at IJL this year. Dennis.

Petal
22-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Too hot for travelling for me Dennis. I hope you had a lovely time looking at their gems ? Its interesting that they are not doing IJL Dennis, as I don't think Suttons are not going to IJL either this year.... I wonder why?

ShinyLauren
22-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dennis - I'd have gone to Clerkenwell on Friday otherwise!

caroleallen
22-07-2014, 10:16 PM
I read that as you went to the A&E ward - was a bit worried for a second!

Dennis
22-07-2014, 10:34 PM
I read that as you went to the A&E ward !

Not this time Carole, but I did a year ago when I absent mindedly cut a slice off the end of my thumb while cutting test squares on my guillotine the night before going on holiday.

I had to jump on a bus to A&E with a rubber glove on my hand, full of gore.They were quite jolly about it, but I had to get on the plane wearing a rather conspicuous bandage. Clean cuts heal quickly though. Dennis.

caroleallen
23-07-2014, 07:55 AM
OMG Dennis! You kept quiet about that.