PDA

View Full Version : Art in Action 2014

SteveLAO
10-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Anyone going to Art in Action next week? If so, come along and see us in the jewellery tent, where you can bring an item for us to test right in front of your eyes! We're going to bring along a marking bench too, so you can see what's it's like to hallmark by hand.....not as easy as you think!

We've even got stuff for the kids (of all ages!!) to do, and of course our internationally famous chocolate coins will also be making an appearance!

On the Saturday and Sunday we're going to be doing a couple of short presentations this year, telling you a bit about the history of hallmarking and the company, how and why items are tested and marked, and a glimpse at all the other things the company does as well as hallmarking.

Hope to see you there.....we're praying for good weather like we've had for the past two years, when it was tropical!!

MeadMoon
11-07-2014, 10:15 AM
I hope to be going on Thursday or Friday and am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather as well :)

SteveLAO
11-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Friday looks like the best day weather-wise

lorraineflee
11-07-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm probably coming on Thursday - hope the weather will be okay then!

SteveLAO
17-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Well, it's "Art in Action" day one and.....phew what a scorcher!!! It's going to be even hotter tomorrow!! Might need the brolly on Saturday for short sharp showers but the rest of the time it looks OK weatherwise! Looking forward to seeing you there, where we have a stand in the jewellery and metalware tent. We're also doing short presentations on Saturday and Sunday so at lest you have somewhere to go if it rains then!!

trialuser
19-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Went today. Really friendly bunch of exhibitors,not at all up themselves, all very happy to talk about designs and techniques.
Spoke to a friendly chap at LAO stand who showed me examples of laser marking, would that have been you Steve?
I always feel a bit guilty about taking up their time with no real intention of buying anything. I try and mention this early on and they're still happy to talk about their work.
Grub is a bit pricey but I suppose that's pretty standard with a captive audience.
I think the exhibitors are 'invited' for a max of 3 consecutive years and quite a few said this was their final one for a while so it looks like we'll have to go again next year to see a new batch.
It's not only jewellery. There were glass blowing demos, blacksmiths, fabrics, ceramics, wood carving, blah blah, loads of different artists and craftsfolk.
Last day tomorrow and well worth a look imho.

Vanessa
19-07-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm going tomorrow really can't wait never been before. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SteveLAO
21-07-2014, 09:58 AM
trialuser - it might well have been me...glad to help! There does seem to be a thread of three years and then change, but I'm not sure if it applies to everyone though. We certainly saw many new exhibitors this year so I guess it does keep it all fresh each year.