Freepost is up!

off to play with my basket ;)

Di Sandland
28-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Yay!! Great timing for me too.

mizgeorge
28-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Well that was fun :)
My bank card is now crying quietly in the corner.....

mizgeorge
28-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Don't even go there petal :)

I can't tell you how much I lust after some more equipment - the only think that's saving my poor little debit card from more agony is the lack of safe space to put it!

But don't we just love what we're doing!

Good thing I don't have a shoe habit.....

lesley
28-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Feeling the urge to splurge.
I'm toying with the idea of getting some Argentium wire (amongst other things).
I'm just wondering, when it says harder, how much harder is it?
Can you work with it as it comes?

Solunar Silver Studio
28-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Lesley. It comes perfectly workable!! I only make earwires with mine but I've never had a problem!
I think it means it is harder than sterling when finished! Have a look at this link to see the heat hardening process explained... http://www.argentiumsilver.info/index.php/working-with-argentium-silver/heat-hardening-processes

lesley
28-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks, Barbara.
I won't be heating or soldering. I've been tempted for a while so won't take much persuading.:)

mizgeorge
28-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Lesley, as far as I can work out from the few bits I've played with, it's no harder when it's being worked, if anything, it's slightly softer IMO. However, you can heat harden it afterwards, creating a stronger finished piece. If you don't go through this process, the finished piece is pretty much like sterling (though a bit more tarnish resistant).

I'd love to know from someone who's done a lot of work with it if this is actually the case.

lesley
28-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Interesting, thanks.
To be honest it's the tarnish resistance that appeals more than anything else.
I hate to think of things getting dirty when they're out of my "care" - in a box with anti tarnish tab, in an airtight bag, all stacked up in an airtight container.:)
Obsessive?......definitely.

Di Sandland
28-08-2009, 01:17 PM
the thing that attracts me to it is the notion that it doesn't blacken on some people's skin like sterling does. My husband can only wear silver for an hour before it really is jet black.

Am I right in thinking this isn't the case with Argentium?

MuranoSilver
28-08-2009, 05:27 PM
No idea about Argentinium.... but Whoop freeepost!! :Y: :Y:

mizgeorge
29-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Well now I'm really happy!!!!

Mine arrived this morning :)

Fantastic service guys - thank you!!!!!

Solunar Silver Studio
29-08-2009, 09:19 AM
the thing that attracts me to it is the notion that it doesn't blacken on some people's skin like sterling does. My husband can only wear silver for an hour before it really is jet black.

Am I right in thinking this isn't the case with Argentium?

Argentium is supposed to be pretty tarnish resistant which is why I use it with my fine silver - which is also very resistant.

I'm glad someone else is like me!! Keith has exactly the same problem as me!! I have always loved the colour of silver but could never wear it with out it discolouring really quickly...now I make everything out of fine silver I am constantly dripping with the stuff!! I am also allergic to a lot of metals - but I am fine with the argentium so obviously the germanium they put in it isn't allergenic - so all's good!!:Y:

Another good reason for getting into pmc Di...you'll be able to make stuff for him that he will be able to wear!!

Di Sandland
29-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks for that Barbara - I just told him and he seemed rather underwhelmed - but then I tend to get overwhelmed enough for two ;)

mizgeorge
29-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Why is it that you always remember a couple of really small things that you meant to order after it's all been delivered?

That's when you need the freepost code to work more than once!

bustagasket
29-08-2009, 12:27 PM
lmso i have done that with every order so far George lol