PDA

View Full Version : Hallmark registration...

SerendipityFarm
29-06-2014, 09:23 AM
I am now in process of setting up my new adventure, "SerendipityFarm".
My question is regarding Hallmarking can I registered with any of the four assays companies or does it need to be
with the closest office ie London.

Thanks in advance.
Graham

Goldsmith
29-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I am registered with the London office, I would suggest registering with an office close to home will be a benefit as you can use their same day service, up to 10 items left before 10am. will be ready for collection after 4pm. or if you wish to pay there is a 1 hour service. This service is only available at the office where you are registered. See; http://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/welcome-to-the-assay-office/hallmarking-services/our-hallmarking-services/levels-of-service/

James

LydiaNiz
29-06-2014, 10:55 AM
They also have the coolest mark :-D*
Seriously though, I have none near and opted for London, and have never had any problems and good customer service.

*otherassayofficesareavailabletermsandconditionsma yapplyandsoon

CJ57
29-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Hi Graham you aren't under any obligation to register with the office nearest you. You could register with the Edinburgh office if you wanted the only Scottish hallmark:) whatever is convenient for you though. Some of us have no option but to post unless we want to travel the 80 mile round trip so if you have an office within dropping off and collecting distance it's always a saving

SerendipityFarm
29-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Thank you James, Lydia and Caroline for all your responses, greatly appreciated.

Personally, I like the Sheffield Rose :D

Graham

Tabby66
29-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Lol, well I'm here shouting for the Birmingham anchor......luckily for me it is the office most local to me, about 60 mile round trip, but I work out of the Jewellery Quarter a couple of days each week, so convenient on many levels, including the service :V:

SteveLAO
30-06-2014, 08:41 AM
There are no rules and regulations over which assay office you should use. Traditionally, people used the office nearest them, but these days with the postal service and couriers and so on, you can choose which ever one you like. I would recommend that you do some research into each one, as each office I'm sure will have their pros and cons depending on what sort of service and extras you're looking for....choosing an office because you like the symbol, is rather like choosing a car because it's blue, without having a good look at what's going no under the bonnet :)

LydiaNiz
30-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Don't worry Steve, the tongue was in the cheek there!

Patstone
30-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Well Steve you are the closest one to us now!!!!! Exeter closed down, and incidentally I did choose it because of the symbol, and do you pick a car because of the shape of it, or because its got a turbo charger or whatever.

SteveLAO
30-06-2014, 02:48 PM
ooohhhh! turbo charger every time :) then all the gadgets and then see if it looks nice :) But that's just me :) :)