PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Leicestershire :)

Claire D
12-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Hi, I'm new here :)

I posted yesterday on another thread and received a very helpful answer, but thought I would just pop a proper hello in the right place too! I have been making wire work and beaded jewellery for years but have recently taken up more traditional silversmithing techniques / soldering etc. There is so much I want to learn so expect to see me asking questions on here quite a lot in the near future!

I live in north Leicestershire and have to try and fit my work in around my three children who are all aged under 6 - I don't find much time but my creative stuff is my lifesaver - would go barmy without it! (Actually I am slowly going barmy anyway:) )

Claire

CJ57
12-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Hi Claire and welcome from me. 3 children under 6 and making jewellery, when do you sleep? :) we are all pretty barmy on here it's a prerequisite of being creative!

Claire D
12-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Hi Claire and welcome from me. 3 children under 6 and making jewellery, when do you sleep? :) we are all pretty barmy on here it's a prerequisite of being creative!

Thanks Caroline! I get asked that quite a lot, but you haven't seen the state of my house! Jewellery making usually comes before housework, and thanks goodness for cbeebies!

EmmaC
12-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Welcome! I also have housework issues due to the fact I'd rather spend time creating so don't worry, my sheep live in more regal surroundings than me! ;)

lorraineflee
12-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Welcome Claire!!

Claire D
12-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Thank you all for the welcome :)

Tabby66
12-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Hahaha....housework....remind me, I don't remember......you'll find me at the bench!! Welcome Claire, this is what helps to keep me sane too (...well perhaps a little less mad ;-O). It's a great place, so ask away ;D

Wallace
13-06-2014, 06:49 PM
hello from me, whilst I am still in my part of Wiltshire

My boy is on his way to Uni soon (sobs quietly) and I still have so much to do. Good that you have found your sanity point, personally speaking - I am still looking :P

Patstone
13-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi from me too. If you want a tidy clean house, dont make jewellery (or have pale carpets and a big black labrador !!!!) carpets preceded labrador, wanted a yellow one, but ended up with my baby, and a little border terrier too, and of course a husband where tidyness doesnt come on any of his agendas. Love them all and wouldnt be without any of them.

Cripple in Heels
16-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Hi Claire

I'm fairly new on here too & have found everyone to be beyond helpful. It's a real boon to be able to ask so many talented jewellers/smiths for help. Welcome to the mad house!

caroleallen
17-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Hi from me too. My OH is in charge of housework, so you can imagine the state of my house. Bless him!

Claire D
15-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Thanks all! Glad to know I'm not the only one with housework 'issues'! I like to think I'm arty and therefore a bit eccentric (I am actually just a bit lazy when it comes to chores :) )

Tabby66
26-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Lol,......I like that reasoning Claire!!