PDA

View Full Version : Length of Cookson's Solder Strip

Aurarius
03-06-2014, 08:46 PM
I've got four grades of silver solder strip from Cooksons: hard, medium, easy and extra easy.

I've only had the medium since this morning. All the other grades came in 600mm lengths, and this was confirmed on the label. The medium too came in a bag that said it was 600mm in length.

Now I don't normally measure these things, because I trust Cooksons to give you what they say they give you, but the medium solder looked suspiciously short. So I measured it. It was 450mm long. I've looked at my bill and have not been charged a correspondingly reduced amount for this but have paid what it says 600mm costs. Now we're only talking about the difference of a pound, so it's no big deal, but can anyone tell me whether it's normal to get 25% less solder strip from Cooksons than what you've paid for and what it says on the packet you should be getting?

Keia
03-06-2014, 08:51 PM
I've never noticed anything like that when I've had deliveries in from them. I'd make enquires though for sure, Cooksons are really very good with fixing mistakes regardless of how small ;)

Ann Marie Robinson
04-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Hi Aurarius,

I am sorry to hear that you've experienced issues with the length of our silver solder strip. If you can email me your account number and a contact telephone number I can arrange for someone to give you a call. My email address is annmarie.robinson@cooksongold.com

Kind Regards

Ann Marie
Cooksongold