PDA

View Full Version : Why has it taken me 40 minutes to find the ''post a new thread button''

Paget Jewellery
16-05-2014, 02:27 AM
WHY is the ''post a new thread button'' not on the ''new posts'' tab??? are these not connected why do I have to go to a sub tab and a ''sayhello??'' does my head in because I can never remember where it is, it's not obvious enough???!!!!!

Dennis
16-05-2014, 06:07 AM
You might not have it right. the sequence is:
Sign In-- Forum-- Say Hello (or whatever)--Post New Thread (top left). Time spent about 10 sec0nds.

Welcome to the forum, Dennis.

ps_bond
16-05-2014, 06:09 AM
How would you choose to specify which subforum the post went in?

camalidesign
16-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Perhaps the "New Posts" name is slightly confusing for a newcomer. It means posts that have been recently added (new), not "make a new post".

Carin

CJ57
16-05-2014, 09:49 AM
My inderstanding is that you click on forum, choose a category that you want to post in and click create new post.
I rarely do this clicking on today's posts to see if I want to contribute to a post that is already there or just read them. I don't suppose there is an easier way for a forum with so many categories but you get the hang of it.
The answer is to say signed in or I'll always be asking what my password is!! :)

Lucie
16-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Thought it was only me :) I've got the hang of it now, but it took a while.
In some ways it would be easier if there was a tab at the top to "post a new thread" with a drop down menu for the different question categories, but I think a lot of these forums seem to have a standard format so it's probably just a case of trying to remember how it works (think this probably took me longer than most!).

Paget Jewellery
16-05-2014, 12:47 PM
exactly lucie, thanks for all the replies, why is there not just a button under the cookson gold forum advert in the top left like you said, I've realised that by the time I've posted one thread, then another idea I have questions about pops up, by the time I find the post new thread button again I'm seething, because the last place I'd expect it to be would be in ''quick navigation'' then ''sayhello'' but oh well guess just need to get used to the page lol :P

Paget Jewellery
16-05-2014, 12:56 PM
also just realised now if I'm on the forum I can just click someone else's tab and then that produces the post a new thread button, just never thought to do that so erm yeah I look a bit of a donut, won't take me 40 mins in the future :P

ps_bond
16-05-2014, 12:59 PM
This mechanism for posting threads is standard to vBulletin (and other forum sw) - you pick which subforum to post in and create your post there. The only other way I can think of doing it is if your "post new thread" button expands to a drop-down allowing you to choose the subforum; I'm not certain that would make for a great user experience.

Gemsetterchris
16-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Tapatalk won't let you start a thread.
Or will it??

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

art925
17-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I have only just found how to post in taptalk...I am new to a tablet....

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Paget Jewellery
18-05-2014, 10:18 PM
this is the first time I've used a forum so obviously it would take a bit of getting used to, but it's all good now, thanks :D