PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell gemstone beads?

camalidesign
07-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Sorry, this isn't actually an advert, more of a request for suggestions and it might be a long shot...

I have now destashed some of my cabs, but I also have a HUUUUUGGEEE pile of beads in strands, as well as briolettes. So, I am asking if you know a good place to de-stash. I assume most people on here are not big users of beads, so apart from the obvious ebay I am wondering if you have any ideas of other sites, perhaps forums where they allow sell-offs to be advertised.

Same as before, I am not looking to make profit, but just recoup some of the money I have spent over many years...

Any help would be much appreciated! And indeed if anyone here is interested in beads, let me know!

Cheers,
Carin

kymbi
07-05-2014, 04:14 PM
I've been having a huge destash of beads, briolettes and findings over the last 6 months and have sold well on eBay. I know they take commission, but it was an area I was familiar with. The sales have been good and there is a clear inroad into the stash. It's just a pain to take the photos, write the descriptions and then do all the packing etc, but that would be the same for almost everywhere. As I usually do a market stall each week, I have taken to having a small basket at the end with bags of beads and strands, and at times these have paid for my stall costs.

I think Etsy would also be a good place for destashing beads as there are a lot of makers on there who buy their supplies too, I know I often look there if I'm after some beads in small quantities.

You could also try to add them to this forum like you did for your cabs just to see if there are any takers perhaps?

mizgeorge
07-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Facebook? I don't use it, but I know it's popular for this sort of thing. There are lots of beaders and general jewellery forums that might be useful, but they may have minimum post requirements. Perhaps some of the ones associated with some of the magazines? Otherwise perhaps an etsy destash shop?

If you've got any nice microfaceted stuff, I suspect I wouldn't be the only person here that would be interested...

kymbi
07-05-2014, 04:18 PM
If you've got any nice microfaceted stuff, I suspect I wouldn't be the only person here that would be interested...

I'm a sucker for a lovely AA-grade microfaceted stone too :)

camalidesign
07-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Thanks for anwers guys, I will have a think about what is best, Etsy or eBay...

I do have various microfaceted beads and also briolettes, so I guess I will have to start photographing and uploading! :)

Carin

Tabby66
08-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Yes please Carin, I could be interested in some of those too :)

Petal
08-05-2014, 08:14 AM
I'd be interested in your microfaceted beads and briolettes too, especially as I missed out on your cabs. :-"

MeadMoon
08-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Pops up and waves. Me too! Maybe not microfacetted, but gemstone beads (especially of varieties used in ancient Egypt), and briolettes.

camalidesign
08-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all your replies!

There will be a few days before I will be able to post pics etc, but just to speed it up a little, what colours or particular gemstones are you guys looking for? Just so I know where to start!

Carin

MeadMoon
09-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Lapis lazuli, Carnelian, Turquoise (esp. green or white), Garnet and maybe Amethyst. Thanks!