PDA

View Full Version : Good day

alistair
13-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Hey there, I'm alistair I'm pretty new to all this been making jewellery for about 6 months only seem to be making necklaces ATM though find then a lot easier than rings, i find you can be more creative as well, I always find the greeting a little awkward even from sitting behind a computer! Ahhh a little about myself ummm well I love adrenaline sports raced downhill mountain bikes all my life got to see the world, but that's all finished now its a weekend thing not a job anymore, then I found making jewellery - random change I know!

Dennis
13-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Hi Alistair and welcome to the forum. I hope you will let us see some of your necklaces. I must say all the other items of jewellery give plenty of scope for creativity.

You have mentioned rings, but if you browse a rings book you will see a huge range of innovative designs, not just limited to a round shank, topped by a stone. Here is one of mine, and other members are showing some too. Dennis.

CJ57
13-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Hi Alastair and welcome. That's definitely a change of direction although making jewellery can sometimes raise your adrenalin when things are a bit tricky or not going well!
I must admit I seem to be making a lot more pendants and necklaces than anything else just now, I seem to have an endless supply of designs in my head just now :)

Patstone
13-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Hi Alistair, welcome to the forum. Adrenaline oh yes, especially when you get your hand in the way of the flame, or melt something by mistake.

LydiaNiz
13-04-2014, 07:38 PM
hello! I look forward to seeing some of your work! I love making rings, I'd happily just make rings in fact...have to occassionally remind myself that there are other pieces to do!
I was a television producer until I fell in love with a blow torch ;-)

Tabby66
13-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Welcome Alistair,
Quite a change in occupying yourself, this malarky most certainly has it's challenges!!
I think many folk on here have had a change in direction, I used to be a nurse & senior manager in the NHS.......thank goodness I left all that behind!!!!

Look forwards to seeing some of your work ;)

Tabby x

Dennis
13-04-2014, 09:56 PM

What do you get when you cross a television producer with a blow torch? The person with the best answer will probably get a thump from our Lydia. ;-)

ShinyLauren
14-04-2014, 07:02 AM
hello! I look forward to seeing some of your work! I love making rings, I'd happily just make rings in fact...have to occassionally remind myself that there are other pieces to do!

Whereas I am the opposite - I never wear rings so never think to make them! I am trying to make more, as the boy pointed out that just because I don't wear them, other people might still want to buy them. He's clever that one.

ShinyLauren
14-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Alistair! I loved the odd bit of hurtling downhill on a mountain bike as a kid, but too scared to do it these days.

lorraineflee
14-04-2014, 09:49 AM
hi and welcome from me too. The scariest thing I used to do was lecture to 200+ students!

alistair
15-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Welcome Alistair,
Quite a change in occupying yourself, this malarky most certainly has it's challenges!!
I think many folk on here have had a change in direction, I used to be a nurse & senior manager in the NHS.......thank goodness I left all that behind!!!!

Look forwards to seeing some of your work ;)

Tabby x

Haha I bet I have a few family members doing the same job, I currently work in rehabilitation for people with brain injuries, it's shift work so I get loaaaads of free time as I can do say 2 24hr shifts and that's my week done.