PDA

View Full Version : Hello from West Sussex

rainingthreads
08-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Hi, my name is Chloe and I am new to jewellery making - mainly with wire.

Bye :-)

lorraineflee
08-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi Chloe and welcome!

Tabby66
08-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Welcome Chloe, hope you enjoy the forum!! xx

Petal
08-04-2014, 08:00 PM
A warm welcome from me too Chloe. I was a West Sussex lass too, but now live in the 'middle'. Same views, different accents, but still lovely, though I miss the sea terribly. I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum, though there are plenty of tool addictions to get involved in, as well as some fab information.

memattaylor
08-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi Chloe, welcome from a fellow newbie!

There are some great tips and tricks on the forum and everyone is really helpful, I'm sure you will find it useful.

Mat

Wallace
08-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Hello Chloe,

I started with wire and beads and then found a great book (or twenty) on making things with more than just wire. Hope to see you about, lovely to have new peeps about.
kindest,

Wallace

rainingthreads
09-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Thank you for your warm welcomes, I have already received some helpful advice which is brilliant. I love that quote but cats having staff. I currently have one of my bosses curled up asleep beside, probably to make sure I get some work done. 5956 Meet Seamus, he was at the risk of being wrapped in wire.

Tabby66
09-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Aaaw, he's lovely, is he an old boy?? (....another one with bosses in the house!!)

rainingthreads
10-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks Tabby66, he's 12 and pretty scabby. He has the stinkiest breath but is very loveable. I have had him since he was 8 weeks (RSPCA) - he likes to help by sitting directly on my chest (I am currently recovering from a back operation so am working on my back) or on all of the materials I am using. One of three, the others all tend to migrate to wherever I am too.

I looked at your website, some beautiful pieces. In awe.

caroleallen
10-04-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm always amazed at the determination of some people to carry on regardless. Working on your back must be really hard. Respect.

Tabby66
10-04-2014, 09:01 PM
I didn't mean he looked scabby!! Lol, he just looked like an old boy and thinking what he might do to that wire (or perhaps you if your flat out)!! I cannot imagine working on my back either!!

We have an old tabby girl an absolute monster boy tabby kitten and a female pale ginger, she's a real gentle sweetie, they are absolute polar opposites!!