PDA

View Full Version : well that's me stuffed then

trialuser
27-03-2014, 02:08 AM
I don't know whether to blame the post office for bending it or cookson for perhaps not packing it as well as they might have.
I only ordered it because of the freepost offer and I had something in mind I wanted to make.
I usually place larger orders for more stuff and it comes delivered with much better packing than a couple of layers of craft paper and a bit of bendy cardboard.
I don't think I can be ar$ed to grumble over 30 quid.

caroleallen
27-03-2014, 07:37 AM
Mmm tricky one. I think even for £30 and free post Cooksons should package stuff so that it doesn't bend.

medusa
27-03-2014, 08:11 AM
I'd grumble about that.

Tabby66
27-03-2014, 08:48 AM
I'd grumble about that.

.....so would I....

Dennis
27-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Thirty quid is thirty quid of your money. I would not accept that. Its nothing to do with the freepost offer and certainly your rights are not invalidated just because its a promotion. Dennis.

LydiaNiz
27-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I know what you mean, I've had settings bent out of shape that I've not done anythin about, but in your case I would send the photo and order no to customer care

trialuser
27-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Well ... blow me.
Just had a call from a lovely lady at cookson.
They are going to replace it foc.
It must also have involved some effort in the detective work to trace me so full credit to them.

I must say, I can't fault the cookson customer service. The reason I wasn't going to complain directly about this was because I have had a problem with a previous order and they sorted it without quibble although it was a 'my word against theirs' type of situation.

Thank you cooksongold.

caroleallen
27-03-2014, 10:31 AM
My experience with Cooksons customer services has always been good, unlike some other companies I could mention!

trialuser
27-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Ah yes - if you're talking about the poorer 'relative' of cooksons, I agree!

Tabby66
27-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Well done Cookies :Y:

pearlescence
28-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Well, not really so miraculous - they have a legal duty to deliver the goods in a proper condition, and this was not. That is the same for all of us. It is no different to if you had bought in person in a shop and the sales person had put it in your hand all twisted up. You would not accept it then, would you?
Taking action before a formal complaint when the problem is aired on a forum is good practice.

Dennis
28-03-2014, 11:37 AM
It is no different to if you had bought in person in a shop and the sales person had put it in your hand all twisted up. You would not accept it then, would you?.

Cooksons are very good now, not so when it was merely Exchange Findings where I had the experience described by Wendy. I was given a piece of heavy rectangular wire, intended for a belt buckle, but all scrunched up so that it would fit inthe bag.

When I asked how was I expected to straighten that, the counter assistant unrepentant replied 'With a hammer'. Dennis.

Tabby66
28-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Well, not really so miraculous - they have a legal duty to deliver the goods in a proper condition, and this was not. That is the same for all of us. It is no different to if you had bought in person in a shop and the sales person had put it in your hand all twisted up. You would not accept it then, would you?
Taking action before a formal complaint when the problem is aired on a forum is good practice.

You're quite right, but seeing a bit of proactive problem solving is good and worth commending, we're all quick enough to criticise, a bit of acknowledgment for good practice is due and worthwhile to.