PDA

View Full Version : Now The Recession is Over.........

geti-titanium
25-08-2009, 10:51 PM
............and Christmas is on the horizon, it would be a perfect opportunity to seize the moment and experiment with new metals (Palladium, Titanium, Zirconium etc.) in jewellery manufacture. So what is stopping us? Personally I would like to work more with Palladium.

Jumping on the bandwagon with charm bracelets at the moment, I thought it might be a good idea to combine Titanium charms with a Palladium bracelet. Can I get a Palladium bracelet? Can I 'eck as like [-X I can't get a good quality Titanium bracelet either!

You would think that when an opportunity arises with something new on the market, manufacturers would break their necks in an attempt to exploit it and bring out different products - be it a new material or new technology that improves working methods, but no, it doesn't seem to be at the moment - could this be why the Far East Manufacturers are progressing faster?

Rant over for the time being - it's time for bed!

ben b
25-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Solunar Silver Studio
26-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Ah!...so you have this sort of problem too!! A lot of us on the forum work with (or dabble in) pmc - precious metal clay - which is 'new' to the extent that it has only been around for 15 years or so. America has all the new technolgy and tools that have built up connected with this fine silver product - but what percentage of it is readily available in the UK.......? Hmmmmmm.....not a lot!! I have taught myself how to work with fine silver wire so that I could make my own chain that works sympathetically with precious metal clay because you can't buy them for love nor money..... I enjoy the process of making chain so much now that I prefer doing that to working with the pmc!! But it is really satisfying being able to do both make a product from beginning to end and I'm a very happy bunny!! :Y:

bustagasket
26-08-2009, 06:18 AM
me is sooooo looking forward to "dabbling" in precious metal clay :D