PDA

View Full Version : Rose Gold butterfly/scroll

Purana
18-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I was recently asked by someone if I could make them a pair of earrings in rose gold, and I agreed. However, I cannot seem to be able to find any scrolls or ear-posts in rose/red gold. I am not to bothered by posts, as I usually make these, but I have never made scrolls before and they seem quite fiddly. Does anyone know if there is somewhere to purchase them online? I would prefer 9 carat, but for the sake of finishing the order, will accept 10/14/18 too.
Thanks in advance :)

mizgeorge
18-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Last time I needed these, I got them from Eurofindings - 18ct red, and from memory came as a set of posts and scrolls.

Purana
18-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Hiya. Thanks for the fast response. I have tried them in the past, and always been stumped by the 'Trade Verification' application form. I only used to make stuff for fun or on request, although I have started selling stuff on Etsy. Although I've told The IR and registered that way, I've not got any other business credentials....guess I'll keep hunting!

mizgeorge
18-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Just give them your cookies account number or website address - that's normally enough for them

Dennis
18-03-2014, 03:15 PM
The scrolls can be made and I have done so from time to time, but why not consult with the customer?

The difference in 9ct yellow scrolls would not be detectable worn behind the ear, and save a whole lot of work and money. Besides, Parkinson's law says she will loose one quite soon and want it replaced.

Welcome to the forum, Dennis.

ShinyLauren
18-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Just give them your cookies account number or website address - that's normally enough for them

This is all I had too, and Eurofindings were fine with it - I've bought loads of findings from them.

Tabby66
18-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Basically, they want to know that you are a reliable and paying customer, so your cookies account details should be sufficient (it flummoxed me at the time of signing up with them too)!! I think that Betts Metals stock them too....

Dennis
18-03-2014, 11:05 PM
I was unable to find them elsewhere, but on George's suggestion found them at Eurofindings in 18ct red (code F18RFS) as sets of one post together with one scroll.

Today's price is £52-76, for two sets, plus postage, insurance and VAT.

So I abide by my suggestion in my earlier post above that this would not be a good buy, and the customer could be offered two 9ct yellow scrolls from Cooksons for instance, at a price of £4-06 plus postage and VAT for the two, adding either bought or hand made posts. Dennis.

Lucie
19-03-2014, 09:14 AM
You could try Curteis - You have to register with them, but they are lovely.

Stock code: XRSCR3. £8.04 per pair + vat

http://www.curteis.com/F0001/main.aspx?page=article&artno=XRSCR3

pearlescence
19-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Or rose gold vermeil (which I have in stock)?
Much cheaper than any solid gold (although of course no soldering possible ..as I found out the first time I tried. We all learn from our mistakes!)