PDA

View Full Version : Hi - It's me again with another bizarre question!!

Solunar Silver Studio
25-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm just putting together another chain/bead combo idea but I don't really want to 'inturrupt the flow' with a catch of any kind. It is currently working up to be about 28 inches (which is about 70cm). I know I have an enormous great head (to go with my enormous great hands and enormous great feet) and it fits quite comfortably over mine (Don't panic - I promise my head is not 28 inches round!!=:-O). But I know it might be a problem with people who wear glasses all the time or have BIG hair or don't like the 'noose' effect when it slips over the head. Do you think this might be a problem? Would you be comfortable with a closed circle of chain this size?

Off you toddle and go measure your head!! (Don't let you OH see you at it though!!:rofl:)

Di Sandland
25-08-2009, 04:04 PM
It'd be just fine with me - and I have glasses, occasionally big hair (gravity is taking its toll but I'm not going bald), and a big head. I prefer stuff I can just bung over me 'ed!

MuranoSilver
25-08-2009, 04:08 PM
No problem for me either :)

The Bijou Dragon
25-08-2009, 05:13 PM
No problem for me either, some people prefer it especially people with motor problems or arthritis who cannot grip fiddly clasps :)

Solunar Silver Studio
25-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, that's all sounding very positive so far...thank you ladies!![[]]

Lindyloo
25-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Yep, just got it over my reading glasses. :Y:

EmmaRose
25-08-2009, 06:25 PM
sounds good to me!
Em

ben b
25-08-2009, 11:11 PM

The Dragon
25-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Sounds good to me - the last time I didn't want to use a catch I turned my necklace into a lariat?

Solunar Silver Studio
26-08-2009, 05:35 AM
the longest 'normal' chain is a twentey four inch, with a catch. Beyond that, are specials, such as rosaries, double or triple wrap over chains, waist chains and so on. (However, quite common now, in costume jewellery, are 26 inch chains) but beyond that, you really dont need a catch, even wearing a crashhelmet. You'd have to be a pretty boufonted up 50's pop tart to need a catch on a 28 inch chain.

Well, funnily enough, the chain I am talking about is a progression from a modern twist on a rosary (that I am developing for a specific (potential) client!). I am hedging my bets so that I can make a 'rosaryesque' necklace or an ordinary necklace out of the same basic arrangement!:Y:

Thanks for all you comments folks!!