PDA

View Full Version : Hello.....

Caroline
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone

I've been attending an evening class/workshop for the past 6 years and I love making special pieces for myself, friends and family, but would really like to sell stuff too if I can get enough pieces together!

Looking forward to finding out lots of tips and advice from this forum in order to help me achieve my goal.....:)

justlulu
08-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi there,

I am new to the forum too and am looking forward to getting to know everyone! What sort of items do you make?

xx
justlulu

Caroline
08-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi

I make mostly sterling silver jewellery with gold accents such as granulation. I also use gemstones in my designs and like stone setting. I like organic looking pieces and use reticulation to achieve this effect as well as forging. We are taught the various techniques at my class and then we can use them to form our own designs. I find designing more of a challenge as most of my pieces tend to evlove rather than being planned from the beginning! Although when things go wrong - it can be frustrating to say the least, I find that designing and making my own jewellery very rewarding when it is finally finished.

Have you been making jewellery for long? What sort of style does your jewellery take?

Solunar Silver Studio
27-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi Caroline!:welcome: You seem to have missed out on the 'big welcome' too..although you do sound scarily good at everything!!!...gold and granulation and all that!...perhaps they all ran and hid!!:D
Six years of evening classes sounds more like an apprenticeship to me!! What technique out of all you have learned have you really adopted as you own 'thing'?
Barbara

julie
27-07-2009, 09:46 AM
hello Caroline welcome to the forum :dance:

AlexandraBuckle
27-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes - how did we miss you!?! :welcome:

Petal
27-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Just Lulu,
Welcome to our friendly forum :welcome:

You'll find all sorts of people from the professionals, down to novices like me on this site, but I'm sure you'll love it as much as we all do. Beware ;) its addictive tho.

Jules x

Petal
27-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi Caroline,
Welcome to our friendly, very addictive, forum... you'll learn lots and have fun along the way, too.:dance:

Jules x

bustagasket
27-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi Caroline,

I feel such a noob lol, but this site is great and i am learning something new every day from it, and the lovely ladies in it :D

caroleallen
27-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Hello from another newbie.

agent_44
27-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi Caroline, your work sounds lovely!

Ominicci
28-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Hello from me too :welcome:

Granulation and gold sounds verrrrrry advanced to me!!