PDA

View Full Version : Anyone For A Tinkle?

Dennis
29-12-2013, 05:17 AM
OK, it's not what you think. Following the challenge thrown out by Carol and the assurance by James that anyone with a bit of common sense can do this:

I shall try to make a bell suitable for a baby's rattle, or a cat, or a Morriss dancer, before the end of next month and show the results here.

I hope that one or two of you might join in and I promise to accept your word that it really does tinkle. Negative results will be informative too.

Happy New Year To All, Dennis.

caroleallen
29-12-2013, 09:41 AM
I'll be up for a tinkle once I've sorted out my new year orders. I've had nearly as many since as before. Crazy!

Dennis
29-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I've had nearly as many since as before. Crazy!

They're the ones who were given money for Christmas I expect. Not a very glamorous present, but good for you.

Petal
31-12-2013, 09:49 AM
I cannot join in, but am looking forward to seeing what you both come up with. I'm pleased you are still busy Carole, was that from NOTHS or from your last large event?

I've always wondered what processes does one do to make a babys rattle safe in silver/copper...?

Dennis
31-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Make sure they have head protection?

caroleallen
31-12-2013, 02:27 PM
It's from Noths Jules. I've stopped doing big shows away now - too stressful! From now on it's going to be 2 local shows a year in June and December. I'm feeling quite liberated!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas xx

LydiaNiz
31-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I love bells, I might have to take you up on it! Our giant fat tabby cat Pixel now has to wear one on his collar after a fiasco over his house-breaking and over-eating - it also has a shame-tag requesting he is not fed. He loves it, so I might make him a new bell for that :-)

MeadMoon
01-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Interesting. I am a Morris dancer so perhaps should have a go at making my own bells. Have not seen the original "challenge" yet, but it's maybe in one of the posts that I haven't caught up with yet.

Dennis
01-01-2014, 08:07 PM
It all started here, Elaine: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5503

MeadMoon
02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Thank you Dennis.