PDA

View Full Version : Ok Ok I Know, Torches again but can you cast a vote?

Truffle & Podge
15-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Ok so the walsh orca DOES come with a hose guys! whoop! no regulator but pretty sure that can be sorted.......but

ORCA or SIEVERT ?

Can you cast votes please? plus comments as to why, this is supposed to be a suprise christmas gift for me but well a girl needs to know eh? lol

mizgeorge
15-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I much prefer the Orca - I just find the balance better and the range of tips included is good too. I also like the fact that you can use it with a MAPP bottle as well as a large cylinder, which is very portable and convenient.

Mine came with a hose with propane fittings (but was from Suttons), and I also had a second hose made up with a MAPP adapter.

Truffle & Podge
19-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I much prefer the Orca - I just find the balance better and the range of tips included is good too. I also like the fact that you can use it with a MAPP bottle as well as a large cylinder, which is very portable and convenient.

Mine came with a hose with propane fittings (but was from Suttons), and I also had a second hose made up with a MAPP adapter.

Thanks for replying George.............you're the only one :'( i am thinking orca although the guy from walshes said they sell 4 sievert for every 1 orca, reckon thats probably because peeps think it's just the handpiece
Cheers Hunny

Truffle & Podge
19-11-2013, 08:45 PM

Thanks for replying George.............you're the only one :'( i am thinking orca although the guy from walshes said they sell 4 sievert for every 1 orca, reckon thats probably because peeps think it's just the handpiece
Cheers Hunny

Wallace
19-11-2013, 10:06 PM
darn it with a fudge cake!

I thought I had suggested that swimming with the fishes wasn't a bad thing to do... and then realised an Orca isn't a fish of course; it is a mammal. And, then I remember I did, but not here.#-o

Sieverts are good, but bulky, heavy and can be fierce.

Orca is something I have favoured, used and recently parted with as I no longer go to my mums and it was therefore no longer needed. I do have a smith and a water torch so one had to go. I mostly use the smith and although love the other, enjoy the little smith so much more than any other torch.

If you could throw in a suggestion for tools, an orca wouldn't be a bad thing. It is portable, has different nozzles for a variety of flame requirements. Needs no additional oxygen as it is designed to draw air through it's nozzles.

Expensive and as you have to make sure you get the right attachment, which carries it's own flashback arrestor and is why it has such a cost.

hope you enjoy your surprise....