PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone...I'm a newbee!!

maggiejo
25-08-2009, 07:48 AM
:~: I am totally new to this forum and also quite new to jewellery making. For the past 2 years have been enamelling on copper (with silver cloisonne work) and have progressed to using sterling silver. There are lots of questions I would like to ask but for the moment just want to introduce myself. I live in South Wales. Are there any enamellers out there?:~:

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Morning maggie and welcome to the forum, we are all age ranges and different levels of experience here and I know that Nic (Murano) does some enamelling and probably a few others, and i am sure they will soon make themselves known to you. :D:~:

MuranoSilver
25-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Yay I'm an forum "oldbee" but an enamel "newbee"
:welcome: to the forum
Hope you have lots of fun and let us pick your brains
on the glass on metal thang :D
I'm sure someone will be along shortly waving a map to show you whos in Wales! :Y:

Nic xx

Di Sandland
25-08-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm sure someone will be along shortly waving a map to show you whos in Wales! PMSL

Beware the Map Monitor

Actually, the map monitor is Barbara and she's a sweetie but don't let on you know that.

Welcome

Solunar Silver Studio
25-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm sure someone will be along shortly waving a map to show you whos in Wales! :Y:

Nic xx

Erm - was that meant for me??

Hi Maggiejo!:~:. I am currently experimenting with enamels on fine silver which I am really enjoying - but I am very much the novice. There are definitly more experienced members out there who have run to my assistance when I have shouted HELP ME!!

As for who is in Wales...from memory there are a few - but not many have put themselves on the forum map.....http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655...which is a shame - so see if you can add yourself sometime!! I think there is Ominicci in the south and Wendy in the north - officially on the map that is!!

I seem to be a bit slow off the mark this morning!! Well - I'm going off to sulk now!! ...and hopefully get some work done! Hold the fort girls...I'll pop back at elevensies to check you are doing it properly!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA:-D:Y:

MuranoSilver
25-08-2009, 08:10 AM
oh Barbara
Course it was meant for you :X
You're our map monitor!! :D
Nic x

Di Sandland
25-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Barbara you dafty - what you going off to sulk about? You're never slow off the mark and we wouldn't have you any different!

AlexandraBuckle
25-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the forum Maggie!
I haven't tried enamelling yet, but after seeing other forum members work, I'd love to give it a go!
Can we see some pics of your work?

mizgeorge
25-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Hello Maggie, and welcome from me too: )

EmmaRose
25-08-2009, 10:09 AM
welcome Maggie, we look forward to (trying) to answer your questions!
Emma