PDA

View Full Version : Hallmarking and Law

alendil
25-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Hello
My name is Robert i am Polish so apology for any mistakes in grammar and spelling.
i was silver smithing in Poland for couple of years and thinking about starting again hire in England.

whats official law about selling precious metal in england
1. own business - self employ
2. do you have to Hallmark your jewelery
3. where to do it how much it coast

thank You for any help

MuranoSilver
25-08-2009, 07:50 AM
:welcome: to the forum Robert
1. own business - self employ Eithers Fine :)
2. do you have to Hallmark your jewelery Done by weight If silver over 7.78g 1g for gold
3. where to do it how much it coast varies depending on how much you're sending
Lots of extra info on this thread
http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32
nicola x

Solunar Silver Studio
25-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi Robert (Alendil) :~:. Good heavens!...Don't worry about your grammar and spelling!! Although the majority of us here are English you would never guess it by the quality of our spelling and grammar!! I'm sure we will understand you just fine! There was a whole thread earlier in the summer for hallmarking - which will probably answer most of your questions. Here is the link...http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470

If you want anything more specific just pop another question on the forum. It's great to have you join us..:Y:

P.S. Looks like Nic beat me to it.....oh well! I can still welcome you though can't I??:welcome:

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the forums, lots of very friendly helpful people here :D :~:

Di Sandland
25-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi Robert

If only my Polish was as good as your English ;)

Welcome.

By the way - just in case you start writing to me in Polish - my Polish is non-existent :(

alendil
25-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Thank You for answer and worm welcome

AlexandraBuckle
25-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Hello from me to :~:

mizgeorge
25-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi Robert, and welcome from me also :)

Milomade
20-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Cześć Robert! I'm Polish too - but I was brought up in England and so no longer speak Polish - I can understand what I hear to a certain extent but when I try to speak back, I stumble as my Polish vocabulary is non existant.