PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Rufus T Firefly
28-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi,

I'm just starting jewellery making, and this forum has loads of information I'm sure I'll find useful.

I'm in the West of Scotland, and it's raining - as it mostly does here.

Cheers,
Rufus T Firefly

CJ57
28-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi Rufus , hello from another newbie to this forum also a Scot across in Fife. Sun shining brightly here :)

Rufus T Firefly
28-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi Caroline,

Your jewellery is lovely, and I'm sure I've seen some of it before. We often go to Fife - St Andrews (mostly), Pittenween, Anstruther etc - and the weather is often drier and sunnier than here, but when that wind starts blowing from the North Sea.......!

Cheers for now,
Rufus

Wallace
28-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Hi Rufus

Love to see some of your work. Welcome to Cookies forum.

Kindest

Wallace

CJ57
28-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi Rufus thank you always good to hear someone likes my work. You should try and make it over for the Open Studios in May, make a weekend of it, with 80 + studios it's well worth a visit. Yes we are a windy lot on the east coast and once that haar comes in you may as well head for home!
I'll keep my FB page updated for the OS nearer the time and we have a great website and FB page for the event as well. I have had 300 visitors through the door over 3 days, that's a lot of people to talk to but this year they were such nice interesting people

Tabby66
28-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Welcome Rufus, they're a friendly lot around here!!

lorraineflee
29-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Welcome from down south!!!

donnie
29-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi Rufus, welcome to the forum from another Scot sunny East coast near Tain. Hope you find this forum as interesting as I have.

DONNIE

www.silver-n-things.co.uk

Truffle & Podge
29-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi Rufus :welcome:
Tasha
X

Rufus T Firefly
30-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Thank you all for welcoming me. After I posted my reply to Caroline, I slipped and broke a bone in my right foot (the two aren't related!). So now hobbling around in crutches - when I'm not laying flat out with exhaustion caused by trying to move around the house and keep the weight off my foot. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, eventually. I'll be like this for six weeks then the doctors will decide if it's healed properly or if I need an operation.

I've not made any jewellery yet, and with the break it might be a while before I post something worth looking at. I got a load of tools for my birthday, and they're on the bench in the garage waiting for me to start using them. But I'll have plenty time to look at work posted on the forum.

Thank you all again,
Rufus

CJ57
30-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Well done you Rufus ! Oh well it'll give you the excuse to lie about reading jewellery books and working out what your first piece is going to be. I hope it heals well and doesn't need an op.