PDA

View Full Version : UK Laser Engraving Service

Kate
18-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Hi all! *waves*

Wondering if anyone can help with a wee bit of advice. I currently have a online shop selling personalised jewellery and am moving more and more into using my own cast designs to try and be a little bit different. Currently all of my jewellery is hand stamped but I want to create some designs that this wont be suitable for and I am desperately looking for a company who will Laser engrave various fonts onto different shaped surfaces (rings, uneven surfaces etc) but I am not having much luck. I have emailed a couple of online companies but haven't had any replies and wondered if anyone on here had any ideas of a company who isn't put off by small jewellery orders - all of which would be unique?

Ta xxx

cuttingedgejeweller
18-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi Kate. Would hand engraving not be an option. For one off custom items you will be able to achieve whatever designs you require. I can show you some examples if you give me an idea of what you are looking for.

Goldsmith
18-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Try here; http://www.geti.co/jewellery-engraving/ Geti is based in Birmingham and I am sure they can do what you want.

James

Kate
18-09-2013, 09:14 PM
It might be but I had a feeling it might more time consuming (& expensive). Also I thought it might not be viable once the orders start flowing as I currently stamp around 30 - 50 items a week and am thinking it might be a wee bit too much for a hand engraver to take on if the engraving side took off in the same way. To start with it would be a bit 'bitty' (ie the odd ring / pendant) but I am hoping it will be quite popular with customers. ;oP
The items I am hoping to have cast for engraving are 'organic', soft edged rings (around 10mmx1mm cast from Fimo masters), cast ring pendants etc. Also I wanted to offer it as an option to customers who prefer a more 'perfect' finish to stamping.
Kxx

Kate
18-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi James - Many thanks for that. I had tried to find the info on Geti but hadn't had any luck. I would want to be a bit choosy with the fonts used and not sure they can do that. Will have another wee look.

Cuttingedgejeweller.co.uk - beautiful work!!! (I googled!) ;o)

I wonder if I am being a bit unreasonable. Sadly I don't have the odd £15-20K for a laser engraver. :o(

geti-titanium
18-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi James - Many thanks for that. I had tried to find the info on Geti but hadn't had any luck. I would want to be a bit choosy with the fonts used and not sure they can do that. Will have another wee look.

Cuttingedgejeweller.co.uk - beautiful work!!! (I googled!) ;o)

I wonder if I am being a bit unreasonable. Sadly I don't have the odd £15-20K for a laser engraver. :o(
Hi Kate, it doesn't sound a problem, there are hundreds of fonts available and if we don't have a particular font, I'm sure we can find it somewhere or you could send it to us to install on our laser.

If you would like to email me on getiuk@aol.com we can discuss it further.

Alan

Kate
19-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Alan - that sounds fantastic! I am off today but will pop you an email when I am back on deck tomorrow (it will possibly be sooner as I am really keen to see if it is something I can do- I am bubbling with ideas and only need around three different fonts but wanted them to be less traditional/common ones.) :dance:

I will pop over some pics of items I have in mind to be engraved and ideas for fonts. The email will come from dinodaisy

Thanks all for your help to all replies. I was really stumped with this and no amount of googling seemed to shed any light for me.

xxxxxxx