PDA

View Full Version : Want to know ALL about hallmarking??

SteveLAO
18-09-2013, 02:38 PM
On Monday October 21st we're running another of our amazingly successful hallmarking information days at Goldsmiths' Hall in London. The morning covers such things as "Why bother to hallmark?..the current regulations", "What is a hallmark and how and why is it applied", "Not just hallmarking, the modern assay office today", "The history of hallmarking" "The identification of additional marks" and so on.
Then, after a "slap up" lunch (with wine!), the afternoon session is all hands on. You get to have a go at hallmarking, you get to work the very latest testing equipment (bring a piece to test if you like), you get to handle counterfeit and faked items and learn how to spot them, and you get a tour of the internationally famous Goldsmiths' library and assay office archives.
.....And how much is this amazing day going to cost? £250?.....£150?.....£50?...No...this whole day (10.30 until 4) with us including lunch (and a competition to win a prize!) is only going to cost you £35.00 per person!
Places are limited but if you'd like to come along let me know and I can make the necessary arrangements. It's a great opportunity to have all those niggly annoying questions answered, and to see what's involved in the testing and marking of your items. If you've never been to the hall before, just the place will blow you away! (It doubled for Buckingham Palace in the film "The Queen" with Helen Mirren!)
I'm sure you're probably not allowed to advertise on the forum, but I thought as it's such a great day and educational too, that you might all be interested.