PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Sweden!

Icarleug
03-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Hello everyone!

Since I have been lurking on the forum for a while now (and probably needs to ask a few questions once in a while) I thought it was the right time to get an account and introduce myself.
My name is Andreas and I am a 37 year old guy living in Halmstad, Sweden. Normally I am working as a computer programmer but I am trying to bring out my creative side once in a while.
Currently I have four major interests; cooking (can't go wrong with food), roleplaying (hence my weird username), brewing (Mmm, beer) and most currently silversmithing.

Since I am a novice I don't really have any experience at it, but I am armed with a lot of patience, a creative mind and attention to details. My worst side is that I normally enjoy learning and planning more than the actual work, but that is something I need to overcome. I am like a sponge, I soak everything up but it is hard to get it out without wringing me. ;)
Up until now I have practiced a bit on copper (mainly because it is a lot cheaper than silver), as I think it is better to make cheap mistakes (though all the tools cost a smaller fortune, I better put them to good use).

Well, you all seem to be a nice bunch and it is a great forum, so I am sure I will enjoy it here!

See you around, and greetings from Sweden!

/Andreas

ps_bond
03-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Hej Andreas - I don't roleplay, but the rest tallies well.

Please show us what you're making? (Beer and food included!)

LydiaNiz
03-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi there!
Look forward to seeing some of your experiments :-)

Wallace
03-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Once you start actually making, I am sure it will balance out nicely with the planning. Welcome from me. Don't be a stranger, now you have said hello.

:)

Dennis
03-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi Andreas, welcome to the forum.

No eating or drinking at the work bench mind. Dennis.

lorraineflee
03-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi Andreas, welcome to the forum!!

Truffle & Podge
03-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Hi Andreas, welcome to the forum.

No eating or drinking at the work bench mind. Dennis.

Hey i always work drunk with a big greasy bowl of nachos on my bench! :dancing: ......................................i'm kidding! i'm kidding!
Anyways Hello & welcome Andreas :D x

Patstone
04-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Hi Andreas, this forum is a great place to be, a lot support you when you have a problem, and normally someone on here can help you solve it. Pat.

Icarleug
04-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Thank you all!

Mostly up until now I have mostly tried basic things like working with the saw, wire bending, annealing, soldering and figuring out how to make jigs and equipment to ease fabrication, not many finished pieces.
Will try to clear up my workspace and take a picture of it, and the few pieces that are finished. :)
I will also try to snap a few shots the next time I am making beer (even if it is not really related to silversmithing), my last batch is ready to be put into bottles this weekend but that is hardly anything exciting to snap photos of, just a big bucket and some bottles. ;)

Regarding experiments and ideas I suppose there will be a fair share of them, mostly overambitious for a novice silversmith I guess, but some day they will be possible.
Let's see what I can come up with! :)

And practice makes perfect!

/Andreas

Patstone
04-09-2013, 08:17 AM
I started a bit ambitious too, tried to make a locket when i could barely make a ring, and still have it in a drawer waiting for my next attempt at hinges.