PDA

View Full Version : redirecting to filestore72.info

Rob
31-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi, it seems this forum has been hacked with a redirect hack which sends people to various sites including the one in the title.
This happens when you do a Google or other search engine search and click on a link to the Cooksons forum and is a known exploit of vBulletin powered boards.
I found more info on it here http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/business-technical-advice/29421-fix-vbulletin-redirecting-filestore72-info-url123-info-etc-redirect-google.html

Hope this is of some help to the admins,

Rob.

ps_bond
31-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks Rob - I'll have another read of the problem (it's been a while since this last hit) but I doubt I can do anything with mod rights, so it may have to wait until Monday.

susieq
01-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I think this may be a problem between the search engine and the cookson site - if I google the cookson website all cookson links that google offer take me to the filestore72 site. At home I have everything bookmarked so it's not an issue. If I access the forum from work then I have to first put in www.cooksongold.com and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "forum".

Susieq