PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie

Pennyalbert
29-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi all

I am new to the forum and am looking forward to joining in and getting some great advice and new knowledge!

I took my first class about 6 years ago and made a silver ring with cabachon stone! I was then hooked! Life has intervened though and all my jewellery making equipment had to be packed away but is now out and working again! I have a workbench a jewellers bench in my summerhouse along with our home office. It is a wooden building so care has to be taken! Does anyone else work in a wooden building?

I have taken some lessons over the years and have just completed a course with a brilliant local jeweller and will be doing more with her Oct-Dec. There is so much I would love to learn - it feels a bit like a kid in a sweet shop!

Penny

Dennis
29-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Welcome Penny, Keep in touch. Dennis.

caroleallen
29-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi Penny and welcome. I work in a wooden studio too.

Wren
29-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi Penny welcome from me too.

There must be every question and answer on here somewhere. Advice galore.
I too have a wooden studio and I get that sweetie shop feeling everytime I go into it.
JH

Pennyalbert
29-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Many thanks for the welcomes, Dennis, Carol & Wren. I am so gad that others work in wooden buildings too - I was a little unsure. I am taking delivery of a bottle of oxygen soon - scary!

Patstone
30-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Yeah another from Devon, whereabouts are you then. I am in Exeter. Welcome by the way, nice to meet another from this part of the world. You should worry about working in a wooden building, I work in my spare bedroom, (with a very expensive carpet, put down throughout the house, before I started making silver stuff and before having two dogs!!!!!).

Many thanks for the welcomes, Dennis, Carol & Wren. I am so gad that others work in wooden buildings too - I was a little unsure. I am taking delivery of a bottle of oxygen soon - scary!

josef1
30-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Hello and welcome

art925
30-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi, welcome,

My atelier is also a wood cladded concrete constructed converted garage, its cool in summer and freezing in winter...

Les

medusa
30-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Welcome! I work in something akin to a conservatory. Freezing in winter and like a sauna in summer. Its also small so if the gas blows I'm a gonner. I have faith in the flashback arrestor thingie though.

sonia
30-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Welcome from me too!

I work in my spare bedroom which also doubles as an office!

Sonia
x