PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Netherlands

willem parel
08-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi there, my ( nick-) name is Willem Parel and I am a goldsmith for about 35 years now ( in my first post already a senior member....:) ) living in the Netherlands.
I found this forum just yesterday and It looks great to me lurking around here a bit and participate once in a while.
I have choosen for a nick name because of safety reasons I don't have a shop but have a lot of stuff lying around working for jewellers.( I hope you understand)
I will try to share where ever I can and participate altough Englisch isn't my native language, but i will give it a try.
All the best to you all and now for me it's time for reading.....:cheers:

Gemsetterchris
08-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Willem! Great to have you joining in here, I'm sure all will enjoy your posts & seeing some of your work & engravings:)

art925
08-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Hello Willem, welcome to the forum, I think there are 3 or 4 of us here who reside in NL, I am an ex-pat living in the Alblasserwaard. I thought I recognised your name from the Zilvermaan forum, if you are the same Willem Parel you provide great advice there, so we look forward to you sharing some of your wisdom here ook. Don't worry about your English it is far better than my Dutch, as always, even after 10 years!!

Les

willem parel
08-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi Chris, great to see you here as well, I hope I can give my 2 cents now and then.
Hi ART925 Les, nice to know I am not the only stranger here.... yes that's me on Zilvermaan, did you also participate there ?
In general my englisch doesn't give me that much problems but when it comes to specific terms in our craft I might looking for my dictionairy... ;-)
Thank's for welcoming me.

lorraineflee
08-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi and welcome!!

Wallace
08-07-2013, 05:12 PM
hallo en welkom, van mij.

hope to see some of your work and share some of your skills.

kindest,

Wallace

ps_bond
08-07-2013, 05:37 PM
yes that's me on Zilvermaan, did you also participate there ?

Ah, knew I recognised the name! I read Zilvermaan from time to time... But I rely on Google for some often quite bizarre translations.

Tabby66
08-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Ooooo!! Welcome Willem....looking forwards to your participation (and to seeing your work)!!

MeadMoon
09-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Hello Willem and welcome to the forum. It's lovely to meet you!

willem parel
09-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Thank you Lorraine, Wallace, Peter and Elaine (?) for the warm welcome.
As I see Wallace I can wright it down here in Dutch and you will do the translation for the other colleagues... ;-)
And Peter, I thought I saw your name on the Lindsay forum, nice to meet you here as well, how is stone setting going...
For me itīs nice to see what happens in our craft on the other side of the pond and I will try to provide as much as possible what happens on this side.
But being active on 4 forums (Steve Lindsay, Sam Alfano, Zilvermaan and Cookson) I hope i will still have some time left for goldsmithing...

Goldenwonder
10-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Welcome Willem, from the other side of Holland.
Goldenwonder

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPod touch met behulp van Tapatalk

willem parel
10-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey Rick, you also here???
There go's my incognito status....:~: