PDA

View Full Version : Art in Action

SteveLAO
02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Anyone going to Art in Action this year? It's on from 18-21st July. www.artinaction.org.uk is the website address. It's at Waterperry House not far from Oxford and if you've never been before it's an amazing day out. They had over 30,000 visitors over the weekend last year and with the weather set fair for this it's going to be a great event!
We have a stand in the jewellery section and we've got a marking bench set up so you can "have a go" at hand marking! We're also going to bring along the latest in non destructive testing machines so we can test your jewellery for you while you wait. cool eh? :)
Great to see you there if you can make it.

ps_bond
02-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Might manage to make it this year - couldn't find my snorkel last year (it was last year it was very wet, wasn't it?).

MeadMoon
02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Last year the normal car park was closed due to flooding and the parking was miles away in Worminghall. we had to queue for a bus to get to the other end of the car park and then again for another bus to get to the show. It took ages! I haven't decided yet whether or not to go this year since I'll be going to the RHS show at Hampton Court and rarely visit both shows in the same year.

Wallace
02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Anyone going to Art in Action this year? It's on from 18-21st July. www.artinaction.org.uk is the website address. It's at Waterperry House not far from Oxford and if you've never been before it's an amazing day out. They had over 30,000 visitors over the weekend last year and with the weather set fair for this it's going to be a great event!
We have a stand in the jewellery section and we've got a marking bench set up so you can "have a go" at hand marking! We're also going to bring along the latest in non destructive testing machines so we can test your jewellery for you while you wait. cool eh? :)
Great to see you there if you can make it.

on my way up to Lincoln on the 18th, may have a stop place enroute! :)

caroleallen
02-07-2013, 05:21 PM
I think it was 3 years ago that I went and it was a mud bath then.

SteveLAO
03-07-2013, 08:21 AM
last year was v wet on the set up day, but on the Saturday and Sunday it was glorious sunshine and we had many an ice cream!! This year the weather is due to be fine too....anyway we're in the jewellery tent and we'd love to see you there if you can make it!

lorraineflee
03-07-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm going, I'll look out for you!! (We didn't think the waiting for the bus to and from the car park was that bad, the event itself made up for any inconvenience!!)

MeadMoon
04-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi Lorraine, I don't know if the delay depended on which day you went or the time, but from the time we parked it took us 90 minutes to get to the show. It would have been quicker if the buses going from our end of the car park to the car park entrance went all the way to the show instead of having to get off those and queue for another one to the show itself. Once we got there, the show was great as usual. Coming back was a lot faster since we walked from the car park entrance to where the car was and even though that took about 15 minutes, it was faster than waiting for the car park bus. Maybe you were able to park nearer the car park entrance and so did not have to contend with two buses?

SteveLAO
18-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Well we set up our stand yesterday. Temperature on site was 32 degrees and the sun was sooo hot!!!! Bring your sunscreen and a hat and shorts and plenty of water as its going to be a hot weekend and there is next to no breeze there! The stewards seem to be much more switched on this time so hopefully you wont have problems parking or getting buses and that sort of thing. I felt so sorry for the blacksmith setting up his forge!!! Glad I'm not him!