PDA

View Full Version : Hello !

Scruffy
24-05-2013, 02:34 PM
I have just stumbled across this forum !!! Hello!

I'm Steph and I am a hobbyist silversmith... I work fulltime to pay the bills and other grown up things so the silverwork is to balance my soul and to earn a few extra pennies to increase my toolkit and to continue buying silver ! I am at the stage where I am confident enough to get some work hallmarked... I love what I do... I really really struggle with pricing... especially hallmarked work ! Is there a special guideline formula out there for helping me get to grips with it !!! I love designing and getting messy ! But the paperwork and admin side of it all I really struggle with and it gets me down ! Having done 'the books' only this week for last year... I really do need to face facts !!!

Have a fab weekend !

Steph

Truffle & Podge
24-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Hello Steph love the user name ;) get some photos on so we can see what you do lol.
A lot of people on here struggle with the admin and prices but there are some great experts that can give you some advice...........just don't undersell yourself! not only do you not get the price you deserve but it doesn't help other precious metal crafters out there
Tasha X

Dennis
24-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi Scruffy and welcome to the forum. If you put key words in the search box top right you will find the discussions on this, for example:

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4806&highlight=pricing+work.

Unfortunately the members tend to go off at a tangent a bit , so you have to work hard, to find your answer. Dennis.

Truffle & Podge
24-05-2013, 03:20 PM
"Unfortunately the members tend to go off at a tangent a bit" amen to that! lol
X

Wallace
24-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Hello Steph,

glad you enjoy your hobby and sounds great to have so much ready to send to the assay office. Chat with some peeps on a new thread for some ideas, we will chip in and keep you soldering along...

off at tangents... hmmm, I like to think of it as evolving :P

lorraineflee
24-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi Steph, welcome from North Bedfordshire!!

Lorraine

Scruffy
29-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Just a massive thanks for the link to that rather interesting thread ! Much to think about ! Looking forward to escaping work early today... heading down to my little workshop space and getting messy ! :)

Didi
29-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Steph,
Welcome from me from sunny ??? (Well it was yesterday and I'm in denial) Oxfordshire. Would love to see some pics of your work too.
Didi

JonLendrum
09-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi steph, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your work :)