PDA

View Full Version : Silversmith Course - Northants\MK

Scruffy
24-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Hello !!!

Just wondered if anyone knew of any Silversmith Courses in the Northampton area... Looking for evening classes ideally as I work full time... My silverwork is a hobby... just looking to develop myself a little further... I have found courses in Milton Keynes... just wondered about anything nearer to home :) Done some searching but have sadly drawn a blank !

Thanks for listening !!!

Steph

Didi
24-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi Steph. I'm from Banbury and I have to say we appear to live in a dead zone as far as courses go. It seems to be travel to London or birmingham. What kind of courses are you after?
Didi

Patstone
25-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Its the same in Exeter, we dont have anywhere apart from the local college which does one evening a week for 10 weeks for beginners, nothing a bit more advanced.

Goldsmith
25-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Check out Jasso, see; http://www.jasso.org.uk/
They run short courses and master classes at their workshops in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Which may be of interest to some.

James

Scruffy
29-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Just a class where you can go along and work on your own projects... The ones I have been on before were very unstructured but we learnt so much from the tutor and from each other ! I loved it ! I want to learn how to set seaglass into rings and pendants really !!! I shall take a peek at Jasso - huge thanks for the link.

ps_bond
29-05-2013, 11:50 AM
I missed James' recommendation of JASSO - they do some fantastic work (and had Nancy Megan Corwin there last month). Just a *little* bit too far for me to get to & from comfortably on a regular basis.

Toni
03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
There is a lady in oxford who does courses. Amy Surman i think shes called, hang on

http://www.amysurman.com/

Shes very nice, you can do group or one on one.

Sue
11-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi,
The Mill Arts Centre in Banbury runs Silversmithing courses, there is one that started last week and I know that there are only 4 people on it, it is on tonight (Wednesday) and is 7-9pm. The tutor is Sue Collins, (cybersilver jewellery designs) and we all have different projects on the go, its a very relaxed class and we all learn from Sue and each other.
They aslo run oe day courses, ring in a day etc every so often, these are also with Sue and are on Saturdays, think these are more structured than the weekly class.
Sue