PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Wiltshire

Exsecratio
22-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Hiho :)

Just a quick hello from (sunny today) Wiltshire :)

While not involved in dedicated jewellery making I run a laser company and have had a good few years of experience of lasers and their use in jewellery processing.

I'm about as much use as a chocolate teapot for helping with the art itself but should be able to help with any laser related questions :)

best wishes

Dave

lorraineflee
22-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum!

Lorraine

medusa
22-05-2013, 06:05 PM
'Lo there :)

you should do a glossary about the differences between all that techie laser/cnc cutting/milling grinding stuff.

Wallace
22-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Still sunny, if I look out of my window. Hi from me, not so far away.

Kindest,

Wallace

Exsecratio
22-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome :)

you should do a glossary about the differences between all that techie laser/cnc cutting/milling grinding stuff

I ran an engineering shop for some years before getting involved with lasers so if a glossary would be useful I'm happy to do it?

best wishes

Dave

medusa
22-05-2013, 07:04 PM
seriously! I've been looking at cnc machines and stuff but the jargon is mind boggling to a lay person.

ps_bond
22-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Hi Dave -

Welding, cutting, marking or sintering?

(Note to self - I do NOT need a laser welder. Yet.)

Exsecratio
22-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Peter,

Mainly cutting but also engraving (marking), welding has never been something I've needed to do with the machines but I am told by Mitsubishi that the 4.5Kw will do it if required.

Sintering is something I have been looking at, mostly in the powder metallurgy area for 3D printing but time constraints mean the day job has to take precedence (and I already have 3D printers if I need them).

Most of my time is taken up cutting organics or marking metals, on gantry lasers for cutting and the Galvo for engraving / marking.

I have gantry machines from 80 watts to 4,500 watts and a YAG pumped 100 watt for most marking (thin cutting).I'm a big fan of YAG Galvos (until they need servicing) so the near future may bring a Fiber version instead.

best wishes

Dave