PDA

View Full Version : A Compliment

The Dragon
23-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought I'd pass this on.

My OH has just been reading through some of these threads (to see what I keep getting excited over). He thinks you all sound like a group of twenty somethings, having a great time and thinks that 'Friends' has nothing on you lot. He also said that being young at heart is good for the creative soul, as he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body that is a compliment indeed, I'm astonished he came out with it!

:-O

Di Sandland
23-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Hang on to him! Twenties sounds cool to me as it halves my age (and a bit) yay!

bustagasket
23-08-2009, 02:16 PM
God Bless that hubby of yours, been a long time since i was in me twenties!!!

Coco
23-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Fyi, some of us are in our twenties! :-D

bustagasket
23-08-2009, 03:21 PM
[[]]Young whippersnappers!!!

Di Sandland
23-08-2009, 03:34 PM

Back in your box, child!

Coco
23-08-2009, 03:53 PM
That's where you keep kids?! I'm telling.....the RSPCA :rofl:

The Bijou Dragon
23-08-2009, 03:57 PM
LOL if that's so I am definitely Phoebe... seriously... totally dappy!

Not blonde though!

Yeah I'm 21... I just have lots of experience HAHA!

MuranoSilver
23-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Shhhh 38 :'(
Nic xx

Di Sandland
23-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Annie,

Has your other half not twigged yet that this is the online equivalent of mental institution. LOL

That is probably the real answer to why we all sound like 20's somethings. :D:rofl:

More support group Jay, like the places you go to either just before or just after you come out of the institution. ;)

Fiona
23-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Back in your box, child!

Or should that be playpen :dance::dance::dance:

Pandanimal
23-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm 20, kinda. Honest :)

The Bijou Dragon
23-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Shhhh 38 :'(
Nic xx

Don't worry I'm that age too I'm just not admitting it :D

:threadjacked:

Is it you or me that comes from an alternate universe, your birthday isn't in March as well is it?

Lindyloo
23-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Stop rubbing our noses in it you young whippersnappers. :'(

The Dragon
23-08-2009, 11:50 PM
As I said my OH is not the romantic kind, practical to the core and very analytical (he's a management accountant). I think he's astonished that there are so many others out there who think like me, but then I have been telling him I'm unique for the last 15 years! lol.

He's just glad I've found a bunch of people who can relate to what I'm trying to do and how frustrating it can be sometimes, whatever the age.

agent_44
23-08-2009, 11:55 PM

lol :D

I don't think I have reached my twenties yet mentally, in reality I have not that long left them, I'm 31 on Thirsday *sniff* :'(

Though I do get asked for ID when buying alcohol quite regulary, so I like to lie about this, with the knowledge that its not that a crazy notion and I might get away with it!

Solunar Silver Studio
24-08-2009, 05:36 AM
I think he's astonished that there are so many others out there who think like me,

He's just glad I've found a bunch of people who can relate to what I'm trying to do and how frustrating it can be sometimes, whatever the age.

Ain't THAT the truth!!!!

I think we are all just showing the lonely jewelelry artisan's equivalent of the man dying of thirst having found a gushing spring.....
...face in and drink, drink, drink....then just lie in it...and WALLOW!!

Number of posts is equivalent to just how close to shriveling up and dying we were!! Personally ... I ain't gettin out of this pool in a hurry!!

Whoa!!!
.....a pool party!!!!:dance:[[]]:dance:

THANK YOU COOKSONS!!:X

Charlotte
24-08-2009, 09:56 AM
My OH is always quite wide eyed looking over my shoulder when I'm on here, he seems pretty impressed too.

I wish I was 21 again and I'm on 26#-o Although I don't look it today hobbling about in my dressing gown with a bad back;) Lol!

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 10:06 AM
My OH is always quite wide eyed looking over my shoulder when I'm on here, he seems pretty impressed too.

I wish I was 21 again and I'm on 26#-o Although I don't look it today hobbling about in my dressing gown with a bad back;) Lol!

I wouldnt mind 26!!! 47 isnt quite as exciting!

MuranoSilver
24-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Annie - couldn't agree more, a "like mind" is a like mind whatever the age..
hmmm another thought, does that mean that you folks have got minds like mine and my mind is like yours....<:)- lol

Barbara - on the basis of "Number of posts is equivalent to just how close to shrivelling up and dying we were" Su's now like a prune, I'm quite shrivelled and you're getting quite wrinkly too :-D

Charlotte - hope you're backs feeling better soon and take care with your bench posture so you don't make it worse [-X

Bijou - Yay two 38'ers, mines a July Birthday though!

Su - I dunno 47 and Barb recons you're pruned
:giggle:

Nic x

agent_44
24-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Barbara - on the basis of "Number of posts is equivalent to just how close to shrivelling up and dying we were" Su's now like a prune, I'm quite shrivelled and you're getting quite wrinkly too :-D

:'( If I don't post much from here on in, it's because I am trying to preserve what crumbs are left of my youth! :-O

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Annie - couldn't agree more, a "like mind" is a like mind whatever the age..
hmmm another thought, does that mean that you folks have got minds like mine and my mind is like yours....<:)- lol

Su - I dunno 47 and Barb recons you're pruned
:giggle:

Nic x

Lmao looks like the next stop for me is my box, will you decorate it for me please Nic? :-p

and yeah we are all like minded........we've all lost it lol

MuranoSilver
24-08-2009, 10:46 AM
:'( If I don't post much from here on in, it's because I am trying to preserve what crumbs are left of my youth! :-O

"Crumbs" Agent44 I think of you as about 20 to 25 :Y:
What if posting keeps you young?? You might miss out on a veritale fountain of youth, lol
Apparently us all getting together will result in us acting our shoe size (not our age) so I'm 5 1/2!

Su - Mums already bagged me to decorate hers, she want me to make a wickerwork basket for her.
I told her Not to be so daft as she's already a "basket case" (it's where I get it from)..
(Seriously I *think she made me promise to help her make her coffin :-O)
That's one project I don't mind delaying!!

Nic xx

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Apparently us all getting together will result in us acting our shoe size (not our age) so I'm 5 1/2. :D

Nic xx

Ooooo that explains everything then, cos i vary between a 3 and 4 :Y: :D

Solunar Silver Studio
24-08-2009, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Solunar Silver Studio;6452]
I think we are all just showing the lonely jewelelry artisan's equivalent of the man dying of thirst having found a gushing spring.....
...face in and drink, drink, drink....then just lie in it...and WALLOW!!

Number of posts is equivalent to just how close to shriveling up and dying we were!! Personally ... I ain't gettin out of this pool in a hurry!!

QUOTE]

[-X NO - NO - NO - NO - NO [-X

Girls - you dun me wrong!!!

We WERE srivelled and wrinkly BEFORE the forum came along to rescue us and bathed us in it's fountain of youth!!

We're not shrivelling NOW.....Now we are INVINCIBLE!!!! :mwahaha:

.... and go on and on forever!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:rofl:

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 11:23 AM
oo eck dont tell my hubby that i will go on forever lol

agent_44
24-08-2009, 11:26 AM
"Crumbs" Agent44 I think of you as about 20 to 25 :Y:

Ooh I can cope with that :D Not quite 10 years younger but good enough, lol

Charlotte
24-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Charlotte - hope you're backs feeling better soon and take care with your bench posture so you don't make it worse [-X

Nic x

Aww thanks Nic! It was just a case of me being lazy yesterday and not bending at the knee like a good girl. I think one day I might like to have a good sit down bench and a stand up bench just to mix it up;) At the moment I have an office desk and what me and the OH like to call a WWF chair (metal one that folds in half).

Its weird how you can't really tell peoples ages on here... I was going to ask a while back but then I thought it doesn't actually matter and some people find it offensive;)[-X

Di Sandland
24-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't find it offensive, Charlotte. I was 55 on 1st August =:-O

Di Sandland
24-08-2009, 02:27 PM
OMG Di,

You look amazing for your age, I am the big 40 this year and dreading it, maybe time to book in for botox. It's funny it doesn't matter how many years pass I certainly do not feel older, nothing much has changed since my teenage years mentally, maybe I am just immature. :)

No, not immature, I've discovered its perfectly normal. As an example, my 22 year old was telling me his latest girlfriend was 30. OMG, I thought, she's not much younger than me. Then I realised that actually she's a quarter of a century younger than me. :(| I obviously got stuck at thirty-something.

CyberPaddy66
24-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I obviously got stuck at thirty-something.

Nothing wrong with that IMHO [[]]

bustagasket
24-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I agree, you see tho get to a certain age and stick there mentally, just a shame the body cant stay as youthful lol

Matp85
24-08-2009, 07:46 PM
hmmm looks like age anonymous group "hello my name is Matthew and and i am..23 years old"

Solunar Silver Studio
24-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't find it offensive, Charlotte. I was 55 on 1st August =:-O

Well Di, It looks like you and I are the only ones who admit to being the wrong side of 50.....Don't you think a forum should be a matriachal society?

What do you think Oh Great Mother?? :ultimateboard: <- Queen Di. :rofl:

Di Sandland
24-08-2009, 08:56 PM
The Great White Goddess says:

YES

Clever work there Barbara - who is computer illiterate ;)