PDA

View Full Version : Hello from deepest darkest Wiltshire

Pandanimal
22-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi to all you silver smiths and jewellery makers.
My name is Julia often know as Pan to friends online.

I am a lampwork artist and I am keen to learn more about silver smithing and pmc in particular. I have 3 packets of pmc and a syringe sitting unopened in my draw. I'm too scared that I will waste it!

A friend of mine, Su, Bustagasket, suggested I join you all on here and try to pick up as much info as I can.

She also said that you might be interested to see my Lampwork.
Today I am very pleased with myself because I got into an Etsy treasury

So seems like a good day to pop my head above the parapit and give you all a wave!:D

bustagasket
22-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Pandyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy

Woot so glad you made it, you wont be disapponted with the guys and gals here and they are gonna love you.

Pandy is a lovely lady everyone and she makes great beads and i am sure will be an asset to the forums :D[[]]:welcome:

Pandanimal
22-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Ta, Su.
I will do my best to be an asset.
I have just done battle with "the Map" and I seem to be more or less in the right place. At least I can walk to my place unlike Busta who I hope is a strong swimmer.

bustagasket
22-08-2009, 06:18 PM
*choke* *cough**splutter* *waves frantically* *sinks!!!!!!**going down once....................*

Di Sandland
22-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi Pan and welcome - after x-factor (=:-O) I'll go and take a look at your lampies.

julie
22-08-2009, 06:29 PM
hi & welcome to the forum :~:

MuranoSilver
22-08-2009, 07:09 PM
:welcome: to the forum
Hope you really enjoy it here (now go and open those packets of clay!!!)
nic xx

mizgeorge
22-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Now there's a familiar name ;)

welcome from me too petal

Pandanimal
22-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi George, nice to see you here. and Hi to everyone else too.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't think I'll open the pmc just yet though. I might of had a wee tad too much wine and it might dry out while I'm giggling.

Please someone throw Su' a life buoy?

bustagasket
22-08-2009, 08:19 PM
she is very bloody giggly lol she can find our game page now lmao

Solunar Silver Studio
22-08-2009, 09:16 PM
:~:. Hi...Can I call you Pan then?:D I'm afraid I'm a bit late in welcoming you...I've been a tad busy this afternoon! You really must get going with the PMC. You just have to accept it is a love/hate relationship...designed with the masochist in mind! ...Mind you - if you can do lampwork you are used to being thwarted, irritated and being brought to your knees with anger...but you wouldn't NOT do it would you! To be honest - half a bottle of plonk would probably be a good idea before you start:-D:dance:

Lindyloo
22-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Welcome from me too Pan. Yes, X-Factor, shower, conversation with Mum, and now I'm here for the night. =:-O

Pandanimal
22-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes you can all call me Pan.
I can see I'm gona have a lot of fun here. And hopefuly learn a lot too.
First thing I gota work out is how to set up my profile!
But before I do that I gota get some sleep.
Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Nighty night. :~:

Pandanimal
23-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I have put a picture up as my avatar but it dosnt seem to be showing on my posts. do I have to do something special?

Sorted!

bustagasket
23-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Me gonna make a trip to malmesbury to watch lampwork :P

lorraineflee
23-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi Pan, I recognise the name from FH too! :welcome:
Lorraine

mizgeorge
23-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh my! I hadn't realised you were that close to me - I'm just up in Ciren. You must let me know if you want to come and play sometime once my arm's working again!

agent_44
23-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Hello and Welcome! :welcome:

Are you our first lampwork artist I wonder?

Solunar Silver Studio
23-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Hello and Welcome! :welcome:

Are you our first lampwork artist I wonder?

No - Fiona who joined on 14/08 makes some lovely beads....and I am sure there are others...

Just done a quick search....Amber (Aroha) makes lampwork beads...and George (mizgeorge) does too...

There are loads and loads of posts with the word included though!!! So there are a lot of 'droolers' on this forum!!!!:-D

Chanters
23-08-2009, 11:32 AM
waves to panda im new too

Pandanimal
23-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Waves back!

Pandanimal
23-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Lampwork and silver do seem to be made for each other don't they.
Along with all those wonderful precious and semiprecious stones, and the crystals and other sparkly bits.
Come to think of it is there anything that doesn't go with silver?

:Y:

agent_44
23-08-2009, 11:58 PM
No - Fiona who joined on 14/08 makes some lovely beads....and I am sure there are others...

Just done a quick search....Amber (Aroha) makes lampwork beads...and George (mizgeorge) does too...

There are loads and loads of posts with the word included though!!! So there are a lot of 'droolers' on this forum!!!!:-D

Whoops, I shall pay more attention next time! I also forgot the fact that I have done some lampworking in the past, and will be resuming it at some point when I finally get to move! :(|

Ominicci
03-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Hello from me Pan! :~:(Have been away and trying to catch up with everything!)

EmmaRose
03-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Pan :welcome:
Any friend of Su is a friend of ours :)
Look forward to seeing your work.
-throwing Su a rope and patting her on the back hard- LOL
Em