PDA

View Full Version : Have YOU recently joined us? Do you know about our MAP??

Solunar Silver Studio
22-08-2009, 06:46 AM
I have made it my mission to promote Agent44's 'Cookson Forum Members' Map!'

Everybody thought it was a brilliant idea when we first did it...but it does tend to slip off the edge of the forum every so often...then I go and rescue it!!!

So to all you new...and relatively new...members....and those that just sat back and laughed at our antics trying to get it set up!!! Perhaps now is the time to stand up to the mark and proudly shoot your arrow to hit the spot where you live!!

It's really great to see where everyone lives (and you don't have to be that accurate if you don't want to....just try to at least hit the town where you live!! [though some of us did have a bit of trouble even hitting the right continent!!#-o]) - it really isn't that serious...(and it's good to laugh!!!)

We know there has been a recent spate of new members in the west country...and I believe Scotland is filling up!! It's really nice for all members to see that there is a little community of like minded forum addicts building around them.

So don't be shy....
It does have its problems - I won't deny it:(| - but it is worth the effort in the end.
Have a go....I promise you won't be shot at dawn if you get it wrong!!....although a few of us might snigger a bit!:giggle:
View it as an initiation cermony!!:rofl:

Anyway - here is the link to our wonderful map!!......

http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655

But before you take the plunge and log on - it might be wise to read my rather dodgy attempt at explaining how to do it....WARNING!! I am an ancient granny with a morbid hatred of all computer related stuff - so don't expect too much from this link.......Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2744#post2744

...and if you want a bit of background on how the rest of us pioneers got on ........ read the whole thread!!

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2053#post2053

...and this one where the whole crazy plan was hatched!!!...

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41

Seriously though - we would all really love to see a few more members on the map....so please - don't let us down!!!

MuranoSilver
22-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Bless you Solunar - go on folks, pin your flag and make "granny Barbara" happy :-D
:rofl:
Nic xx

Di Sandland
22-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Please keep Granny happy - you wouldn't like her when she's mad.

:mwahaha:

bustagasket
22-08-2009, 08:44 AM
*knees - a-knocking,* please sign up.........for all our sakes!!!!!

Solunar Silver Studio
22-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Be afraid...be VERY afraid!!
Hahahahah:rofl:Hahahahaha

Hey you lot...I'm a bit on the busy side over the week end - so I would appreciate a continual stream of inane comments (hush my mouth...did I really say that!!:-O. HAHAHAHA!!) in order to keep this thread bouyant for a few days. It is always slow over the weekend anyway - but I might not be able to keep it afloat with my random visits...

All assistance appreciated as are all inane comments!!:giggle:
:rofl:

Di Sandland
22-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey, Gran, who are you calling inane!

Solunar Silver Studio
22-08-2009, 10:22 AM
[]. <3<3. You know I love you all really!! :X. :D. What I reall meant to say was...don't put too much thought into the content of your posts...just so long as you say something more that 10 characters long!!! Just to keep this little thread bobbing along until everybody has a chance to mark their spot!! (Grovel, Grovel!!)

The Bijou Dragon
22-08-2009, 11:07 AM
LOL Oh Gods noooooooo... not.... *dundunduuuuuuuuun* THE MAP!!!! =:-O

Solunar Silver Studio
22-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Oh yes!!! ...You need to familiarise yourself with the whole set up again before you go swanning off to Devon (or is it Cornwall? :dontknow: ....brain like a sieve!!:D) ....You'll be an expert then and can give everybody tutorials!! Tee Hee Hee!!

Green Monster
22-08-2009, 05:39 PM
[]. <3<3. You know I love you all really!! :X. :D. What I reall meant to say was...don't put too much thought into the content of your posts...just so long as you say something more that 10 characters long!!! Just to keep this little thread bobbing along until everybody has a chance to mark their spot!! (Grovel, Grovel!!)

no thought in my post all...or was there, darn just thought about it......

bustagasket
22-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Lmao there i was checking to see if Pandy was in the right place on the map and low and behold i appear to have been shoved out to sea??? So come on admit it - Who did it lol, atm poor pandy has thrown me a rope and has tied me to something at the warters edge but i gonna get real soggy real quick!! Send out the RNLI!!!!!

Solunar Silver Studio
23-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Wondered what on earth you were on about then Su'. You look perfectly land locked until you zoom right in...first of all you seem to be going for a paddle...but then you seem to be way out of your depth!!

You could always try to swim for shore with the help of my 'Excellent Guidebook for the Lost and Hopeless'!!:-D

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2744#post2744

The same applies to whoever has teleported the entire area of Kilsyth, Glasgow to North China...just a stones throw from Outer Mongolia!!!

....and then there is Camborne - the one just north east of San Francisco....isn't there Carole.....??

But we do have a smattering of successful new flags!! You really must tell us when you successfully mark your spot....then we can all break out the champers and the bunting!!!

:dancing::))):dancing:

bustagasket
23-08-2009, 10:55 AM
I did start off in the right place but for some unknown reason i appear to have drifted! Maybe the wind was partcularly strong one day?

agent_44
23-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks Barbara for tellimng everyone about this, you would clearly make a better salesman than I. We've got a fair few people on there now, which is great :D

Solunar Silver Studio
23-08-2009, 11:37 AM
A bit like a rabid dog...that's me!! When once I get my teeth stuck into something I won't let it drop!!:-D

agent_44
23-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Hehe, I wouldn't quite put it like that!

Solunar Silver Studio
24-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Well, there seems to be quite a queue of new members lining up in the New Posts box this afternoon...so before I can get round to saying 'HI!' to you all individually....perhaps I could introduce you to our map!!:D

If you are a computer genius just go for it and plant a flag on the map so we know which area of the country you are from.... If you are a bit 'iffy' with the whole technology thing - like about 90% of us seem to be - you might need the comfort and reassurance of an old friend (or perhaps an old friend in a bottle!!) before you attempt it, as it has proved to be a bit challenging for some of us...but well worth it in the end, because we would really love to see which region of the UK you all come from!

Di Sandland
24-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Was waiting for that Barbara ;)

Solunar Silver Studio
24-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Darn it!!...I'm not getting predictable in my old age...am I???:-O

Di Sandland
24-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Darn it!!...I'm not getting predictable in my old age...am I???:-O

Only in as much as you are now known as:

THE MAP MONITOR

Solunar Silver Studio
25-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Only in as much as you are now known as:

THE MAP MONITOR

Do I get a badge then????

Is Nic designing it for me now then....as we speak.......ay?... ay?.... (hopping from foot to foot with glee!!)

Is it one of those 75gram pmc jobies....with the really lovely colours???? ....ay....ay??

.................................................. ......................

..........Oh!..................................... ..............:'(.............

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 01:16 PM

Is Nic designing it for me now then....as we speak.......ay?... ay?.... (hopping from foot to foot with glee!!)

Is it one of those 75gram pmc jobies....with the really lovely colours???? ....ay....ay??

..........Oh!..................................... ..............:'(.............

Nice try hun, but i tell you what, we can strike a deal, if i can have one for at the IJL show you can have one as the map moniter ok?

MuranoSilver
25-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Lol - a map monitor badge an IJL badge??? Oh My what will you guys think of next?? :D
Nic x

bustagasket
25-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Forum pest badge? :D

Emerald
25-08-2009, 02:39 PM
I was very well acquainted with the bottle last night when i posted my flag, double clicked my way in that wasent the problem it was registering that took me 5 attempts:(| but hopefully i am there now:Y:

Di Sandland
25-08-2009, 02:52 PM

ROFL you silly bugger!:rofl::rofl:

Pandanimal
25-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Looking at the map I seem to be slap bang in the middle between Mizgeorge and Agent44. I do so like Cirencester and Bath. both lovely spots to shop.

Solunar Silver Studio
25-08-2009, 03:10 PM
ROFL you silly bugger!:rofl::rofl:

Charming!! ...but uncannily accurate!! :-D

Solunar Silver Studio
25-08-2009, 08:18 PM
No one can say that I am not a tryer....

My final Cooksons act for today is to resurrect this thread and stick it tenderly to the top of the pile!

Please - do your duty.......[-o<.