PDA

View Full Version : Problem uploading photos

louisella76
30-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi all - I'm having problem uploading photos to the forum and not sure if it's just my laptop (it's a new one and seems to have a mind of it's own when it comes to security settings!) or whether it's a problem with Cookson's server.

I'm not getting an error message - I can get as far as selecting which photo's to upload, click on upload, then see the message in the info bar to say that Cookson's are being contacted (presumably their server), and then nothing - the photo's I've tried to upload don't show in the uploader manager. I've tried different sizes so don't think it's an issue with the photo size and they're jpegs so not a format issue.

I'm trying to enter into the March theme comp which ends tomorrow - from comments on there is looks like a couple of people have had problems too

Thanks

Dennis
30-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Reply with quote doesn't work either BTW. Dennis

silken
30-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Hmmm, yes, some strange things appear to be going on today. I was trying to log in from my phone and tablet but something just kept going wrong :(

ps_bond
30-03-2013, 10:45 PM

Slow, but that seems to work for me.

medusa
31-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis
Slow, but that seems to work for me.

I found it so slow I gave up after 40 seconds on another thread about recovering silver.

Dennis
31-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Just tried 'reply with quote' again and nothing doing. Gave up after three minutes. Someone's been mending this website when it wasn't broke, only they shouldn't have used the hammer.

Wallace
31-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Just tried 'reply with quote' again and nothing doing. Gave up after three minutes.Testing.... seems I can do the reply with quote on my laptop.. haven't tried it with the ipad.I am still having a problem with not being able to start new lines or paragraphs... maybe the new software had some gremlins in when it went to https??? Who knows, my techy knowledge disappeared about seven years ago when I changed my hobby! It shows on the advance editing as a new line, but when posting the messages, it comes out in one long line. ............................................only ......................... seem to be useful to separate out what is needed......................... but that seems a little odd!