PDA

View Full Version : The bullring.

Dennis
19-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I would like to propose a new category, The Bullring. While I feel strongly that a jewellery forum should show examples of finished work and air new ideas, traditional Show and Tells attract only praise, in some cases too fulsome, and very little in the way of comment.

I would much prefer suggestions of alternative designs and construction and also examples of similar work by others. If you threw your piece into the bullring, you would expect to have it gored…in the nicest possible way, of course. This would be a hundred times more educational than Show and Tells are now. What do you think?

Footnote:
I wrote this piece a while back. Looking at it today, I don’t have much hope that anyone will agree. But I’m throwing it into the Bullring. Dennis.

medusa
19-03-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't think I always praise a piece in show and tell. I'm pretty sure I've said at least a couple of times that I don't like something, but comments I make are usually based on aesthetics which is totally subjective. I don't really feel qualified to comment on technique unless it's something really really basic.

I'm also not great at throwing my pics into the ring as I'm spending way more time writing than doing at the moment.

SilverBouillon
20-03-2013, 11:45 AM
I would much prefer suggestions of alternative designs and construction and also examples of similar work by others.

I would love to read that, but I'm no help with it personally. Are you talking about what I call constructive criticism? Perhaps, bullring sounds a bit aggressive :)

Gemsetterchris
20-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Just put critique request in the heading..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

SilverBouillon
20-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Just put critique request in the heading..

Actually, I like Critique Request category idea. :)

medusa
20-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I would love to read that, but I'm no help with it personally. Are you talking about what I call constructive criticism? Perhaps, bullring sounds a bit aggressive :)

Wuss!

but yes, I suppose critique request sounds a bit more friendly.

Gemsetterchris
20-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't think I always praise a piece in show and tell. I'm pretty sure I've said at least a couple of times that I don't like something, but comments I make are usually based on aesthetics which is totally subjective.

I noticed.:D

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

medusa
20-03-2013, 01:27 PM
damn, I feel bad now.

... not really.

SilverBouillon
20-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Wuss!

I googled it. Are you calling me this?! :)

medusa
20-03-2013, 04:46 PM
ahhh you must see the irony. how many pictures of my work are up? ;)