PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhh

The Bijou Dragon
21-08-2009, 11:53 AM
We took my in-laws down to view a bungalow (for them, not us as they are moving also) in Somerset yesterday and spent an amazing 5 hours down there looking around.

After viewing their bungalow we went to Fyne Court, Dunster villiage and castle (WOW sooooooo, so beautiful), Minehead then along the coast to Watchet (amazing, stunning scenery) and back home again.

Was an astounding 13 hour, almost 600 mile journey but WOW it's amazing how much better I feel today because of it.

Life down there is absolutely a polar opposite to life in London and I can see how my mental health is suffering really quite badly here because of the noise, sirens, armed SWAT teams closing off our road at 2am, murders, rudeness, arrogance etc etc etc.

People are so polite there, it was adorable :D

I've had a really, really bad week last week with feeling depressed and inching back towards some very dark times but today I feel alot better. :Y:

Can't wait to move there with my OH and feel like this all the time!!!

bustagasket
21-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Glad to hear you had a wonderful visit and that you are feeling better in yourself :D

Di Sandland
21-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm really looking forward to it. The north coast is, to my mind, the bestest! And Minehead etc is only an hour from me. When I'm really troubled I just go to one of the beaches and watch the Atlantic - the noise and power blows me away. I've been to Dunster and the castle - beautiful place, I agree.

The Bijou Dragon
21-08-2009, 12:02 PM
We have a video of some cliffs just outside of Watchet and the sea pounding underneath... really, really relaxing to watch and listen to!

My poor OH is still sleeping after the long drive :D

Di Sandland
21-08-2009, 12:06 PM
We have a video of some cliffs just outside of Watchet and the sea pounding underneath... really, really relaxing to watch and listen to!

My poor OH is still sleeping after the long drive :D

Yeah - its a bit of a treck. The more I get to understand you the more I think you are making the right move. At the moment you just need to tell yourself that there is a light at the end of your long tunnel.

The Bijou Dragon
21-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah - its a bit of a treck. The more I get to understand you the more I think you are making the right move. At the moment you just need to tell yourself that there is a light at the end of your long tunnel.

I have always felt at my best when near the sea, I think it's why I have returned to St Ives so very many times. There really is a magical feeling about the South West that just doesn't exist anywhere else... for me certainly!

I suppose it's because the sea is like me... one day clear, blue and glittering in the sun and then the next it's all grey and moody lol.

All I want in life is to hang out by the sea and make shiny things... not much to ask for is it? :D

... well... a lottery win wouldn't go amis either #-o

Di Sandland
21-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Are you my long lost sister ;)

The Bijou Dragon
21-08-2009, 01:15 PM
LOL sounds good to me :D

Charlotte
21-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I love the whole of the south west, I grew up there, and still go back to see family, strangely enough the north east has a similar feel. London has turned in to a bit of a sad place in my opinion (got family there too!).

So have you secured a place there or are you still looking?

agent_44
21-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Somerset is a gorgeous place isn't it? Well maybe not all of it, but plenty of it! I can understand how you liked it so much.

I'm off to St Ives for a few days next week, can't wait!

MuranoSilver
21-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I can't wait for you to move into my new holiday home....
(Ooops did I say that out loud???? :D :D)

Nic xx

bustagasket
21-08-2009, 03:48 PM

Nic xx

LMAO I knew there was a reason for her moving there - is there a list somewhere for us to book in our weeks?

Ominicci
21-08-2009, 04:08 PM
We're off to Falmouth for a few days next Weds and can't wait either!

AlexandraBuckle
21-08-2009, 04:52 PM
I have very fond memories of holidays as a child down in Cornwall. we used to stay in Wadebridge and cycle along the camel trail to Padstow (and to Bodmin in the other direction)

I love it down there. I want to move there when I retire, to paint the sea :)

bustagasket
21-08-2009, 04:56 PM
we always went to st ives for our holidays as a kid or Tinmouth. Was meant to settle in Holsworthy when we got married , but it wasnt to be :(

The Bijou Dragon
21-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I love the whole of the south west, I grew up there, and still go back to see family, strangely enough the north east has a similar feel. London has turned in to a bit of a sad place in my opinion (got family there too!).

So have you secured a place there or are you still looking?

No nowhere secured as yet, we're still looking all the places we wanted have already gone sadly and the ones left are a bit... well... not to our liking but we'll find somewhere eventually!

I absolutel adore London itself, it's the majority of the people that ruin it in all honesty. I don't mean any offence by this whatsoever but as the immigrants (alot of them illegal) are flooding in, the English are moving out and it feels awfully threatening at times to be in places like Woolwich where at a mere whim there can be a full scale riot in the high street between Croations and the Nigerians gangs that have claimed the town for themselves! Our historic landmarks are going to be lost forever as they disappear into no-go areas very soon! So sad!

Somerset is a gorgeous place isn't it? Well maybe not all of it, but plenty of it! I can understand how you liked it so much.

I'm off to St Ives for a few days next week, can't wait!

Yeah Somerset is beautiful and Devon but it's not quite Cornwall which is where my heart is. Ohhhh have fun, it's absolutely beautiful there... if you spot any houses to rent feel free to let me know ;)

Nic xx

LOL I can see I'm going to get one or two visitors! You're all more than welcome when we get settled in :D

The Bijou Dragon
21-08-2009, 05:05 PM
we always went to st ives for our holidays as a kid or Tinmouth. Was meant to settle in Holsworthy when we got married , but it wasnt to be :(

Still time yet though... get your moving house face on ;)

Lindyloo
21-08-2009, 05:27 PM
It all sounds so lovely. I would love a house by the sea, but my OH is a city boy through and through. :'(

agent_44
21-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Yes have to say I would chose Cornwall over Somerset :) I shall keep my eyes peeled and if I see anything for rent I shall let you know! :Y:

Ominicci
03-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Went to St Ives last week! I think it would be even more lovely out of season! We had 3 horrendous downpours when we were there but didn't get very wet. One of them was when we both went to the loo by the leisure centre before going tdown to the town. A coach load of German tourists had just disembarked and were waiting for a few that had gone into the loos and then the heavens opened. All the Germans piled into the nearest doorway and my husband says the gents was suddenly crammed full of people - mostly women lol!!! On the shuttle bus on the way back it was the New Zealanders coach load. It was soooooo funny listening to them talk about eating pasties and cream teas like it was foreign food - which I suppose it is for them...(and they are soooo LOUD!!!)

Emerald
03-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I too love cornwall this is the first year we havent been able to go and i am missing it terribly but i must make the effort to visit St Ives as my Dad bought a bench in memory of my Mum and it ovelooks the sea she also spent all here childhood holidays down there x

EmmaRose
03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Don't forget if you get depressed stop by for a [] with us!
Yes it is much nicer.....loved the move from London to MK, people are so much nicer, peaceful, surprising number of green spaces...
hugs
Em

AlexandraBuckle
03-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Glad you are liking it in MK :)

People are always a bit mean about MK, I think it's a brilliant place, and you're right, lots of trees and green bits :Y:

EmmaRose
03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes they are. But I have found it has grown on me, I love the woods, meadows and lakes, good shopping too. Surprising!
Em

CyberPaddy66
04-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes they are. But I have found it has grown on me, I love the woods, meadows and lakes, good shopping too. Surprising!
Em

Your not forgetting the concrete cows are you?

Had a phone call from my Mother today... she's got the keys to the bungalow and are expecting the removals van about 6pm. She sounds so happy and was really excited to ride on a train that had the old style doors with the drop down window and the handle on the outside.

As soon as we got the money together for the deposit we're going to visit my parents for a few days of house hunting then it's all hands to the pumps for the move [[]]

Looking forward to it... we even had Scones, clotted cream and jam for tea last night :Y:

The Bijou Dragon
04-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I too love cornwall this is the first year we havent been able to go and i am missing it terribly but i must make the effort to visit St Ives as my Dad bought a bench in memory of my Mum and it ovelooks the sea she also spent all here childhood holidays down there x

Awwwww that's so lovely, is it on the harbour? If you let us know where it is we'll go visit it for you :)

Emerald
04-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Ah Bijou thats so sweet of you, bought a tear to my eye, it has been 11 years and i still miss her dreadfully. I do know where it is will just have to think a bit harder to remember:X

The Dragon
04-09-2009, 07:39 PM
God I know how you feel, I'm miss the sounds and smells of the oceans. The wildness, the untamed power and the soft caressing waves lapping on the shore. I will envy you your new home and I wil keep everything crossed that you find your ideal home.

xXx.

<3<3

caroleallen
04-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Is the bench on the part of St Ives called "The Island"? It's not really an island but just a promontory that's surrounded on three sides by the sea. There are loads of benches there all donated by people in memory of loved ones which is quite moving.

I know I'm really lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world - we went for a walk on the coast earlier this evening and saw the sun set.

It is a long way from anywhere though and we seem to spend half our lives travelling to shows in the south east.

Emerald
04-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi Carol from what i rememeber of the picture dad has thats it but i will have to ask now as its annoying me i cant remember, thank youx

I would love to move down there and have suggested it to hubby often, we have a lot of friends in Rock which i know is a long way up from you but we realise that he wouldent be able to get much work down there so we will stay put .... for now x