PDA

View Full Version : Tumbler idea

Patstone
21-02-2013, 11:50 AM
I got fed up with always losing small earrings when tumbling and having to poke around for them, then I tried using a piece of plastic with two needle holes made in them, put the earring posts through the holes and secure with a butterfly scroll. Job done, no lost earrings.

Dennis
21-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Very good, Pat. With the lack of interest in the Theme Competition and Show and Tells, maybe there should be a prize some months for Tricks of the Trade. Dennis.

silken
21-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Another useful trick is to get one of those mini ladders from the pet shop that go in budgie cages. You can weave chains through the rungs of the mini ladder and then pop it in the tumbler. No more tangled chains while tumbling :)

Patstone
23-02-2013, 10:05 AM
That's a good idea, I can feel a visit to the pet shop coming on. I dont show and tell Dennis simply because I dont think that my efforts are worth bragging about. If I do something that I think is clever, (like tube setting a 1mm diamond into 1.5mm wire by drilling the wire, with my lack of distance vision (dont know how else to put it, good sight in one eye and no eye in the other) of course I showed you because I felt that it was an achievement, pushing my personal boundaries more than showing off.

jenfay
02-03-2013, 11:52 PM
I just tie earrings in pairs with some copper wire before I pickle them and remove the wire when I have finished tumbling. The ladder idea would not work in my vibratory tumbler -- too big.