PDA

View Full Version : Using social networks and social media to promote your business...

amyt
21-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Hello. I'm just about to set up on my own and was hoping for some advice from you experienced and talented lot...

I'm in my 20's so am reasonably switched on in regards to social networking sites like facebook, twitter, blogs, forums, bebo etc as I have grown up with it however do not claim to be an expert... I have a friend who works in digital marketing and they assure me that its a fantastic way to promote your business in terms of website activity (visits), google rankings (visibility) and raising awareness, with the intention of generating extra sales off the back of it.

Was hoping to get some advice and feedback from you guys as I notice a few of you have already ventured into it. I understand how it would work for big companies like cooksongold however can it work for people like us????????????? :help:

bustagasket
21-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Lots of people do show their stuff on there, myself included, but as i dont actually sell anything yet (noob) i cant offer you advice on whether it helps sales or not. but no doubt someone will be along in a minute who knows more :D

Di Sandland
21-08-2009, 09:05 AM
This (http://www.bestmarketinfo.com/marketingonfacebook/)might help.

Solunar Silver Studio
21-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Yet another belter of a website Di...how am I supposed to find the time to read all that though!!! AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'll add it to the list of 'things to do'!!.......Elevensies over...CeeBeebies is losing its charm....back to the little lad for a few hours....afternoon nap is my next glimpse of freedom!!!:(|

Di Sandland
21-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Barbara said

afternoon nap is my next glimpse of freedom!!!

His or yours?

Ominicci
21-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I KNOW we're suppose to do all this as the way to sales (milo and murano does it well) but I haven't got enough time in the day!!!!!

MuranoSilver
21-08-2009, 03:57 PM
A way to sales???? I just do it because I like it! You mean I should get sales from it too??? :'(
(only kidding I know I've had sales from it, but it isn't the main motivator)

Nic xx

bustagasket
21-08-2009, 04:16 PM
but it isn't the main motivator)

Nic xx

No of course it isnt, its allowing yourself to be in another place for me to bug you thats the main motivation :D

Lindyloo
21-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I might have helped you if I knew anything about this topic. But you instantly put me off by telling me you were in your twenties. Biiiiiiig mistake.

Just kidding. I'm looking forward to some nuggets to arrive on this thread.