PDA

View Full Version : To Everyone, Good Day!

IndigoWealth
08-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Hi folks

I'm Armen. I'm from Singapore.

I got interested in jewellery and gemstones after being a physical gold and silver enthusiast for a few months, and am gonna be taking lessons of gemstones appraisal at the end of the month. I have, in fact, started an online jewellery store which will expand to a physical brick and mortar when the capital starts coming in.

I came across Cooksongold and noticed the Design of the Week competition going on and I must say they're incredibly lovely. I'm hoping that maybe I can get hold of some of them, but I dunno if that's allowed or if anyone wants to willingly sell them off.

Anyway, I guess that's about it for now. :D

ps_bond
08-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi Armen - do you make jewellery yourself at all?

IndigoWealth
08-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Hi Peter

Not at this moment, although the interest to craft some of my own is there. The fees of classes for such is quite hefty so at this moment I was thinking that being in this forum can give me somewhat of a head start while I save up the required funds.

In the mean time, perhaps some of the works here may inspire to start something first?

ps_bond
08-02-2013, 11:29 AM
I'd have thought that one possible (cheaper) approach would be to go across the border - there's bound to be some classes available in KL, for example.
Even Selangor, assuming there's any tin left now...

IndigoWealth
09-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Royal Selangor pewter is still going strong so I guess it's safe to assume there's still tin there, heh.

I recently came back from Shah Alam for a meeting, and I managed to acquire some fine gold medallion from Mariwasa Kraftangan. They're a Perak based craftwork company which has a retail outlet in KL.

I actually got hold of someone who can hold classes at a more affordable price there. But since I already signed up for the gem appraisal class (which will last about six weeks) I figured I should go through with that one first before proceeding further. :)