PDA

View Full Version : Hand Held Motor Device

TangerineDreams
24-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi, I need a hand held motor device for sanding my silver and I have heard about and seen one from Aldi that is really good and inexpensive. However when I looked in Aldi they didn't have anything like this so I thought maybe it is an old product they no longer sell. Does anyone know if Aldi still sell something like this and its just my local one thats stopped? I have found something similar from Dremmel but it is more expensive and has lots of add ons I won't need!

Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks
Antonia

mizgeorge
24-10-2012, 01:30 PM
This is one of Aldi's specials. You need to sign up for their newsletter and you'll be notified the next time they do them. As others have said, it's good value for money.

The alternative would be a hobby drill with flexshaft - of this sort http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferm-Combitool-Flex-Shaft-Die-Grinder-Kit-Case-/260718548879?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item3cb409578f&_uhb=1

I am not necessarily recommending this particular machine as I have no experience of it, but this is the type of thing a lot of people start out with quite happily. Cooksons used to sell a very good one, but it seems to have been discontinued since they started selling more dremel stuff.

TangerineDreams
24-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi George, thank you for your answer! Thats good to know that Aldi still do them, stupid question but would you know roughly how often this special comes up?
Like every few months or every few weeks? I will look at the hobby drill thank you.

Antonia

mizgeorge
24-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I believe it does vary from store to store, but I'd say every few months would sound about right.